Nobi's UH-1 in 1/144 looks like....

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

Here is the original UH-1n that inspired the repaint

Attached Files:

2. Texman

Texman Guest

And here is what the rescaled and repainted UH-1D turned out as...

Attached Files:

3. Texman

Texman Guest

And another

Attached Files:

4. Texman

Texman Guest

And the last

Attached Files:

5. Texman

Texman Guest

Light weathering, exhaust stain, and rotor streaks were done with pastel chalks.

Ray
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nicely done Texman. Was the image of the real thing the only view of the paint scheme you had? I have looked for good views of that particular scheme for a while without any luck.
  7. Texman

Texman Guest

No Ash, I actually had found several on the Yahoo image search. However, after I printed them, they were deleted and I haven't found them again.
  8. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Never being one to let a nit go by unpicked ( a character flaw of mine, I am afraid...) the picture you posted is a Twin Huey, while the model you built appears to be a single. My question is are there any models of the twin to be found? I'm not a great fan of the rotary winged beasts, but I did work on it and so it deserves a place in my collection.
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

quick answer, No

so there would have to be one designed

Rick
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

So no Twins to be had then, 'twould seem to be a simple mod ( for anyone with more talent than me of course) as only the engine housings would be involved as far as I can see.
  11. Texman

Texman Guest

Rick T,

Yes I am aware of the fact the original is a UH-1n, while Nobi's is a UH-1d. I mentioned this in my original thread on this chopper, and I also acknowledged it
    in the first and second pictures of this thread. But I liked the paint scheme.

And as for nitpicking, the tail rotor would have to be moved as well, from the left side
    to the right side of the tail boom.

Ray
  12. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Taxman,

Nicely done. It looks great. :grin:
  13. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Ray,

In no way was I belittling your model, anyone who can work at 1/144 has my utmost respect, I have trouble at 1/72 myself.

Never noticed that the tailroter was on the other side of the single huey, but then I only ever had anything to do with the Twin engined version.

Rick