No more YELLOW!!!

Uteram

I thought I'd try taking photos with natural light during the day (as opposed to how I usually do it with artificial light) and voila! I think the results speak for themselves.

Attachments

• dscn1852.jpg
    dscn1852.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 151

Tyson Rayles

Very nice indeed! If you use a blue filter on your lens it should correct the yellow problem when using artifical lighting.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great pictures Uteram.
Tyson Rayles I have used a blue filter but it is a little too blue if I don't use 1000watts of halogen light.
What strength blue filter do you use?
They are very expensive too.

Tyson Rayles

Robin the only markings I see on it are 80A, it's a pretty dark blue! I paid around $20 for it which seemed like a lot for a piece of dark blue glass! :D But it does the trick.

Uteram

Thanks all for your compliments.

Vic- I took these with my digital cam, a Nikon Coolpix 775, set on autofocus with the flash off. As stated in my first post, I simply used natural light coming in from the window of the room.

shamus

Registered Member
Thats better friend,

As for the filters asked above, with a 35mm and using artificial light, 80b would be a better choice, even so, it wouldn't be perfect. With a digital, these filters are in fact (Or should be) built in to the camear, all you need do is programme it. A much better way to take photo's in a railroad room with either 35mm or digital is to have Daylight Fluorescent Tubes. Not Cool white, as these are not good enough. My tubes are Phillips TLD 58watt, and I have 8 on the ceiling. These are a perfect match for daylight at around noon. Colour temperature changes with the Sun from morning till night, but around Noon it's ideal for photography outdoors, and a little overcast. Direct Sunlight will burn out any photo's unless the Sun is behind, and even then I would use a flash for fill in.
Shamus

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Just to put in my 2 Cents worth, On my Sony Dig. Cam, there is a "auto White Balance" in the menu. I have had the same trouble with "dark pics' and yellowing when using flash. Anytime I turn off the flash, and take "natural light" pics they came out perfectly. There must be internal filters, (Electronic) that compensate. See Ya!! btw Great Pics :) :) :) -- Mikey