No more GM cars?

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
There is a thread on the Model Railroader forum saying that General Motors is revoking all licences to make model cars in scales smaller than 1:64 (S scale).
The discussion following it makes me take it seriously.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
It will be their loss more than ours because I will never buy/lease a GM car again. I have had a Chevy, a Pontiac or two and a Buick. No more thank you. We have many more options out there.

emt49

Jan 5, 2005
binghamton
yea i saw that too if its true we should all wright GM letters tell them how unhappy we are about there stupid choice :curse:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don't see much evidence of G.M. having any idea what is wrong. Now they are loosing over $1 Billion per quarter, and they are canceling new platforms. When you are leaking profits like G.M. is you need new product, not a rehash of the same old money loosers that no one wants anyway!

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
GMs problem is a 1980s contract with the UAW that provides excellant health care and pension benefits for its employee. This contract was agreed upon when GM enjoyed 50% of the market. Now GM only has 25% of the market thanks to the free trade agreement and all the foreign competition and cannot afford these employee benefits. I am glad Asia is buying the USA so we can have jobs and drive foreign cars---but I hear----for example---Toyota doesn't offer the same excellant employee benefits.