No...I haven't jumped the train....

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Its' just that I've been out of circulation for the last 3 days....Had a run-in with one "Dolly".....the hurricane, that is....:mrgreen:

Power's been out at home since early Wednesday AM, and of course...No Gauge....:cry:

Hopefully all will be restored by tomorrow...Need to get cracking on that layout....:wave:

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Thanks for the well wishes....We made it through OK...Still without power...Looks like it might be SEVERAL more days in the dark. We're lucky though...Folks out at South Padre Island really got whacked, and a few miles north/northwest....

Funny..I'd never seen rain falling horizontally.....That's what 80 MPH+ winds will do....

No work on the layout this weekend....wall1

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
Hi Gus---Glad to hear that Dolly has moved on---my wife and I had been on vacation a few years ago in South Padre Island so the reports on the television really had an impact on us---hope everything is getting back on track---Nutbar

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Gus, i sure am glad all that happened to you was loosing power for awhile, sure it stinks, but it could have been much worse. i hope you get your power back soon:thumb: .

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Update....Power back on Saturday mid-day...!!! Got to work on layout Saturday PM and Sunday....:steamtrain:

Only missing utility is cable TV..(which I don't watch much anyway) and the phone service is intermittent at best. So things are pretty much back to normal....

Thanks to all that expressed concern...it was a pretty harrowing experience while it was going on....