NMRA Toronto Show

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Val's Party

Well, I didn't get there until after eight myself, and we stayed until 9:30 or so. A good time was had by all five of us (including the hostess). Too bad there weren't more. Anyway, thanks to Val for having us.

Went to the show today and gave the fellows I met last night a hard time at their traction exhibit! Actually, they had a very nice little display. I was tempted to ask if they changed their track gauge to match the TTC 4'10 7/8"", but I didn't dare. I probably would have been thrown under the nearest streetcar.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yes, the BBQ was a lot of fun. Great to see fellow Gaugers and share a burger and a beer. Unfortunately I was too busy hostessing (and spilling condiments!) to think of taking any photos. But Dave took lots, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of them when he gets home.

Altogether it's been a great week and I'm really glad I went to the convention. The layout tours, the clinics, the contest, the luncheon and all the great converstations I've had. Awesome!

cheers
Val

storm

i meet a few of the guys and girl today at the show. meet lots of ppl from all over the world. about 7 ppl from austral(spelling). still one more day to go for me then back to real life again lol. everyone i talked to said they loved the show and our city. witch is always good to hear. looks like the convension and the show were a huge sescess.
for anyone that missed the show i have taked about 40 pic already and i am going to take more tomorrow. i am going to make a webshots page for them. it will be added to my list next week soem time

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Guys, we had a good time at Vals BBQ, you know you are welcome when the hostess tries to cover you in relish:D :D :D
Thanks Val for a great time.
We met up again with other Gauge members at the Train show today, Storm, David, Val and Dave Flinn, with me were Duckman(Brian) redrocket(Glen) Ernie and our friend Doug Lake.
The show was well attended, and we met many people that we know from other shows and a lot of nice folk from all over.
Here are a few pics of Saturday.

Attachments

• p7190006.jpg
    p7190006.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 159

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I want to thank Chris for trying to run a couple of my trolleys on his (their) layout. These poor things have been languishing in a box since I built my N scale layout about 25 years ago. (I've since switched to other things.) With a bit of encouragement they sputtered up and down the bit of track with no overhead joins.
Also saw Tingoat (Ron) who was in the "Narrow gauge madness" section, building On30 Conspiracy modules, and getting chaff for publishing module standards in a piece of the hobby that wasn't supposed to have standards.
Went to the banquet tonight. We sat at the table with Milt Moore who draws the Thumbs cartoons for NMRA. Not quite the way I'd pictured him...
A thought provoking speech from Rick Green ("Bill" from the Red Green Show). About how we see our models and others' models and why his favourite loco is the first crude superdetailing he did, even though he can do much better now. And he didn't step on any rakes or fall off the dais.

storm

here r soem pic i got today of the show
here is chris playing with his traction in action
show_0802.jpg

here is ron with his On30 (ron is on the rigth)
show_0902.jpg

a nice On30 shot
show_0922.jpg

and we cant foget the nascar track that realy works in n-scale
show_0692.jpg

if anyone want a 10 second video of the nascar track working just get me on MSN cool_j30@hotmail.com and i will send it over to u. 2mb file

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
By all ages.....:D
It was a great show a lot of folk realy intrested in what we were doing and how to do this and that.
I for one am worn out, Beer and bed.
Great time though .
Hope you all enjoyed.
:)

Attachments

• l;ookimg 2.jpg
    l;ookimg 2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 155

GNRail

Jun 18, 2003
Sudbury,ON
Visit site
The layouts were amazing. Alot of hours went into them. However I was a little disappointed with the vendor turnout. Kept my eyes peeled but only managed to meet Storm. BTW the Via coaches run fine.