NMRA Membership

2-8-2

I applied for an NMRA membership (online) a couple weeks ago. A notice on the website said that it takes some time to review and process new applications, but 2 weeks seems like a bit long. Am I being impatient, or is this standard practice?

I would think that in this age of technology, these things would be faster.

Russ Bellinis

It may take a month or so. It isn't so much a review as though they would reject you, it is more a matter of uploading all of your information into their database. Because they are a nonprofit social organization, they have a small staff.

brakie

Another way would have been to contact the Mid-Central Region though the NMRA web page.
I highly recommend being active in your local division as its fun and you get to see other members layouts and model railroad clubs that is "hosting" the meet and not to mention meeting new friends..:thumb:

2-8-2

brakie said:
Another way would have been to contact the Mid-Central Region though the NMRA web page.
I highly recommend being active in your local division as its fun and you get to see other members layouts and model railroad clubs that is "hosting" the meet and not to mention meeting new friends..:thumb:

I figured I'd be in the Mid-Central Region/Miami Valley Division (Division 3). I've checked out their website, and it seems to be a very active group. Several members have had layouts featured in magazines like MRR. I'm excited to participate, so it seems like the whole process is taking forever. Guess I just need to hold my horses for awhile longer.

Mike Hamer

HI fellas, I know when I joined the NMRA this past year it seemed to take forever for my membership to come through and I, too, was quite perturbed. I was talking with a buddy about this and he reminded me that the NMRA is mainly a volunteer organization...so I didn't get too bent out of shape. Besides, if the people working on your file are train lovers...hey, they can't be all that bad! :)