Nitrous Oxide injection (I have it)

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Gear-Head, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastmec

mastmec Member

You want me to delete me correcting you AGAIN? Sorry
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

don't turbos kick in at a certian rpm?
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

yeah.thats what i mean.turbos arnt constant.you have to wait for them to kick in.the more boost the turbo has the later it wil kick in.

super chargers are constant.they are different.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

mastmec has never once corrected me just for the record.he is a jerk.
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

They don't kick in. They work off of exhaust volume, the impeller is spinning when the engine is running, once the volume of exhaust spins the impeller fast enough to over come the vacuum in the intake, it starts to produce pressure (boost). It all depends on the turbo and engine when you start to 'feel' it.
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

ya, i like super chargers better. actualy i'd rather have a six pack.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

Mastmec is short for Master Mechanic?and he never heard of the lingo `kick in`

i cant tell he reaserched it to find out what a turbo is.lol
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

i like super chargers better.they run directly from the crank instead of runing off the exhaust.the power gain is through out the entire power band
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

but we are talking about full size cars.not sure if they make super chargers for RC engines.
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Yes, they make super chargers for RC engines.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

who asked you?
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i've seen them for rc's but i doubt they do much. i'd rather have an old gto or cuda with a six pack!(six carbs one engine)
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

ya they probably dont do much.better off getting a higher compresion engine rather than put a super charger on an RC engine.a super charger for an RC isnt a good idea.a better idea is to put two engines on it instead.that will make it 100% more powerful.instead of 40% or what ever they claim.

even in the full size cars you are talking about.with a super charger the motor has to be 8:1 commpression to drive it on the street.you can get pistons that can help make 11:1 compression.that would be another way to make the engine more powerful.

but as far as RC engines.i thought about putting a chain saw engine and clutch on a 1/10 scale size car.that would be better than any Nitro engine.i know enough about Nitro.i dont like it.plus you can get a chain saw for 50$.Nitro is also a rip off in that respect.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

i was going to put a chainsaw engine on my savage but i think i might try to make it electric first. i want to make a sprint car with a chainsaw engine in it. a new nitro engine is probably the same or less then the price of a supercharger
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

a chain saw engine (two stroke)36cc;some of them have 6 hp or more.thats more than twice the amount of any nitro 2.5

i want to do that when i get the chance;put a chain saw engine and clutch on my costum frammed bolink car.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

they sound awesome too,in comparison to a cheasey Nitro engine.Nitros have that annoying sound.i hate the way they sound.but some people like it so what every floats your boat.
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

i can't remember who but i was talking to but they said they got their nitro engine sounding low pitched. thats pretty cool!
  18. hom sha bom

hom sha bom New Member

timrock, you are one cocky SOB. #1. mastmec is completely right in the whole turbo aspect. in no way shape or form does the amount of boost determine when a turbo "kicks in" (and for the record, that is called "spooling"). it all varies from car to car, and engine to engine. you could run 25 lbs. of boost on a turbo the size of a baseball, and that turbo will still spool instantaniously. #2. why would you want to put a chainsaw engine on a 1/10 scale car? the size of that engine on that small of a car will only hurt the overall performance.
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

its called customizing. you do one thing that meses up something else so you mod that and so on until you have a totaly tricked out car that preforms well. i think he was planning to put it in a truck if anything not an on-road car
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

mastmec has no aspect on turbos.and no one asked you so shut up kid.lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.