Nitrous Oxide injection (I have it)

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Gear-Head, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro_28

Bro_28 New Member

NOS=Nitrous Oxide Systems (a brand name)

When you inject Nitrous into any engine(not just RC) it puts more oxygen into the fuel. Nitro is Not the same as nitrous for the ones that are confused. Also, Nitrous Oxide is a cheap gas to fill...keep in mind it isn't in liquid form...its a gas. For some of you this sounds retarded but I sensed some confusion. This guys idea is totally do-able....I've installed them on real cars and trucks....you would need a tiny little tank and injection system for it though.

My 2 cents

-Bro
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Thanks bro, I guess in my rambling I was confusing others. So thank you for correcting me. It is actually NO2 not NOS. Man fast and the furious got me really worked up over that crap (oh no NOS so lets run away from the car before it blows up) and I guess I now find myself doing it. But it doesnt put more oxygen into the fuel alone but the vaporized air/fuel mix that enters the cylinder. That make the mixture burn more rapidly and completely resulting in a higher Horsepower and Torque band.

NO2 is injected into the intake manifold (real cars) via indivual ports or a spray system under the carb and there is it allowed to mix with the fuel. I am not sure if I have ever seen a diesel motor on nitrus though. BRO... Have you? Although I have seen a Diesel truck run an 11 et in the 1/4... makes me wonder now.
  3. sikgraffx

sikgraffx New Member

Nitromethane and Nitrus Oxide are two completely different elements mpracing!!!!!
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I checked out there web site and I read alittle on it and they were saying that it injects into the air filter BUT that bring to mind dirt, will it get mixed in? You would have to like replace it all the time. I dident see the price that page wouldn't come up
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

o and also they said that a tank of so called NOS would only last for 30 seconds!!!! ccc-hhh-eee-aaa-ppp
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok different computer The price to start off at is 110 bucks and 7 boddles of *nos* are 10.50 does any 1 elese think the stuff is cheap and not worth it>
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

I belive that you can put this NOS into your car BUt wont it damage your engine Or wont it strain your engine
  8. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

do you actually use n02, or do you use the co2 cartrige?
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

Nitrous Oxide is for Gas powered engines.Not your Nitro RCs what a joke
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

Yes, it is actually Nitrous Oxide, and they say it works well, I could see using it for drag racing but no much else. It would be cool to try it.
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya it only gives you a short burst of power unlike turbo and super chargers which are constant
  12. hom sha bom

hom sha bom New Member

O.K. well i dont want to sound like im puttin anyone down on this but, alot of people are complaining about wear on the engine. Why? these motors run anywhere from 20,000 rpm to 60,000 as the highest ive ever seen. so, if that increases say 10,000 rpm its really not that big of a deal for wear. the only thing that will cause any more wear is the fact of FRICTION, but since this is a 2-stroke engine, the nitro acts as a lubricant also. also, nitrous burns colder than fuel. any additional wear on the engine SHOULD be minimal if at all. i for one give credit where credit is due. way 2 go GEAR-HEAD. post your progress and do you think you'll be fabbing a kit for a hyper .21 engine?
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

if its cooler then fuel then wats the point in it. nitros is supposed to make the engine hoter and burn more fuel making more power. the way it sounds to me is that its going to make you loose power. just some of my thoughts
  14. mastmec

mastmec Member

Nitro also burns cooler, its all about the efficientcy of the burn in the chamber. You don't lose power, you will gain power.
  15. hom sha bom

hom sha bom New Member

one thing that i have heard about the kit is that the power gain doesnt make up for the weight of the kit itself. is this true?
  16. mastmec

mastmec Member

That's a good point, I don't know if its true or not, I think it would have to do a lot with what engine you have to begin with. A good race engine would have a greater gain in power than a cheap play motor with the NOS.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

turbo chargers arn`t constant.the more boost you have the later the turbo will kick in.

i agree with you about the super chargers though.
  18. mastmec

mastmec Member

The amount of boost depends on the turbo NOT when it will kick in
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

whats that supposed to mean?
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

you should delete that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.