Night shots!

railohio

Since the last photo thread I posted was all sunset shots, it would be appropriate, I figgure, to continue with night shots...

railohio

Q501 rounding the southwest wye in Deshler, Ohio; June 9, 2001.

Attachments

• 501.jpg
    501.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 149

railohio

Eastbound intermodal passing Crossroads Park in Deshler, Ohio; December 25, 2001.

Attachments

• christmas.jpg
    christmas.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 145

railohio

Gates guarding the St. Rt. 18 crossing of the Indiana & Ohio tracks in Hamler, Ohio.

Attachments

• gates.jpg
    gates.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 142

railohio

Eastbound Norfolk Southern intermodal passing the Amtrak station in Waterloo, Indiana on February 23, 2002 around 0500.

Attachments

• streak_wti.jpg
    streak_wti.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 141

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great photos Brian, What exposure were you using to get these.
Nice effect.
What a collection you have.

railohio

Originally posted by Matthyro
Great photos Brian, What exposure were you using to get these.
Nice effect.
What a collection you have.

Robin:

Each photo is a little different, and since I don't have my notes handy, I'll have to work from memory. The first shot was probably done at f/5.6 for 20-30 seconds. Second shot I do recall opening up to f/4 for the duration the train was crossing the frame, probably 10-15 seconds. Third shot I started just as the gates started to ding and I cut it out just before the train came into the frame, probably 15-20 seconds and f/5.6. Last shot I do recall being worried about the amount of light, so I stopped down to f/8 for about 10-15 seconds. Hope those numbers help a bit!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Thanks Brian. I haven't tried night photos for years and forgot. Now I should try again
Thanks once again for those great photos