Night shot of the industrial area

Here's a pic showing some lighting I installed in the coke ovens of the industrial area that I'm working on.

coke_7.jpg

cabdriver

Eddie, wow that is awesome. Quick question -- is the lighting all on or all off, or is it variable? If variable, what do you use to control it? I have probably missed it by being relatively new to the-gauge, but what is your overall layout that this is a part of?? What else is in your industrial area?

cabdriver said:
Eddie, wow that is awesome. Quick question -- is the lighting all on or all off, or is it variable? If variable, what do you use to control it? I have probably missed it by being relatively new to the-gauge, but what is your overall layout that this is a part of?? What else is in your industrial area?

Thanks, fellas.

Cabdriver - I plan to have individual switches for each structure on the layout so that I can control them individually. Don't have them hooked up yet, but that's the plan. :) My overall layout is based primarily on the ALCOA plant here in central Arkansas in the early 1960s. I'm pretty loose with my interpretation of it, even to the point of having a Walther's blast furnace on it (which you don't use in aluminum production :rolleyes: ), but I'm going more for a "look and feel" than a rivet-counter interpretation.

Regards,

cabdriver

I'm the same way with our layout. I want it to be somewhat accurate to the period we are modeling -- late 1960s early 1970s, but am not really hung up that on everything being prototypical. I certainly respect those modelers who are adamant about every detail being correct -- I wish I knew half of what some of these guys know about the rails. Its just not feasible for us with our first layout and a couple of kids wanting all sorts of things on the layout. That doesn't mean we are less serious about the quality of our work. Something for everyone, I suppose. As I have seen many times on this board, what matters is it's YOUR railroad and you are having fun. I have to say again, looking at your post, that is one powerful picture and I love the angle from which you shot it. Great work!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
A great photo Eddie. Gives a whole new look to the coke ovens. I guess it operates 24 hrs a day