Nifty attic Find

I found this near-mint Athean Bicentennial engine in the attic. I think there might be an HO scale 1970s-era layout in my future :cool: (not for 2-3 years though) :cry:

Attachments

• AthernSCL.jpg
    AthernSCL.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 273

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
That's a nice find. I don't have an attic with any treasures in it... :( Hopefully the twist ties are not permanent! ;)

Andrew

F

Fred_M

Hey, some pesky squirrel got in my attic and got my loco. :D Where did you really find it? FRED

shaygetz

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Cool beans, Squirrel. Better hone your handrail making skills though, I don't think Athearn's put out a U-boat in 20+ years. :eek: Lessee if you can go back up in that attic and pull out one o' their Auto-Trains?

GMRCNut868

I think i have a very similar loco to that one, or atleast it looks like that. Mines a Tyco model i beleive, and i have the original set to go with it, with all rolling stock and track in original boxes :eek: ! It needs the wheels cleaned and a tune up which i hope i will get around to doing one of these days...

GMRCNut868 said:
I think i have a very similar loco to that one, or atleast it looks like that. Mines a Tyco model i beleive, and i have the original set to go with it, with all rolling stock and track in original boxes :eek: ! It needs the wheels cleaned and a tune up which i hope i will get around to doing one of these days...

I have the tyco as well, not in anywhere near as good a condition -- the front truck is just hanging by wires. I might see if I have take the shell off the Tyco and use it as an unpowered engine.