Niagara Area

Were going to be staying at our daughters for about 12 days and I was wondering if there are any forum members that live in the Wainfleet St.Catherines Ontario area.

I'm retired so I would like to get to meet some of you fine people if your not to far out of the way and no I really don't want to head into cement city aka Toronto,so if your free and wouldn't mind some company for a bit some day just drop a note real quick on here and were heading out on July 12 to 25 - 27th.

RobertInOntario

If you want to do some railfanning, there's a pedestrian bridge at Bayview Jct, one of the busiest stretches of track in the country.

Bayview Junction is a great spot for viewing trains but it seems that the railway activity can vary a lot.

One Saturday in June 2007, for example, my son and I visited that bridge at Bayview and we saw one train every 8-9 minutes. We were delighted and had great fun! :mrgreen: Then, our entire family returned about a month later, and were treated to a similar number of trains.

However, when we returned on another weekend in November, we only saw two in about 1-1/2 hours! :confused::cry:

It's still worth a visit as there are several lines of track to watch. You can see CN freight trains as well as VIA trains and (I believe) GO Trains as well.

I can't blame you for not wanting to visit the "Concrete City," even though that's where I live!

All the best,
Rob

Gentlemen thankyou for the information,I was unable to get online until today and to let you know when I was a conductor with CN I had to go thru Bayview and always seen lots of people taking pictures there and at other locations depending on the routing of our train.

Again thanks