newest scratchbuild in progress

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
I know the roof looks a little crooked in the first picture that's because it's not attached yet so can add the lighting. #3

Attachments

• pict0003.jpg
    pict0003.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 401

CN1

May 6, 2003
Critisism???

How about you build some for me? You can send them by courier.

Thanks

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
belg, I join the rest: No criticism! On the contrary: Great weathering, and it surely is an interesting structure.

But mmhhh..... Oh yes, I found a complaint (YOU asked for it :D :D :D ): You forgot to tell what it is!

It somehow looks chemical... What are your LPBs cooking up in that plant?

Ron

Pat, it's looking good, but I agree with Tyson. It needs a foundation. The structure itself looks good, but you've got a large smoke stack and a large roof tank. That suggests some sort of heavy industry and equipment inside the structure and the need for a solid foundation. And just from a visual standpoint, a foundation will really enhance the overall appearance of the model.

Nice work!

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
foundation/light

The foundation's in the works but I'm not happy with the first effort to try and glue sections of plaster together, so the next try will be to pour one in one piece and carve it afterwards.Also was there ever a thread on how to build an outside light like the ones over an ice cream store canopy?

Pat, I very seldom direct members of one forum to threads/topics on another forum, but you might find this to be of help in casting your foundation.

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4293&whichpage=11

On that page and several others after, I describe casting a stone foundation for a scratchbashing project I've been working on. I initially had some problems with the plaster drying, but eventually everything worked out. Between my posts and the observations of some other members on RR-L forum, you might find some helpful tips for yours. Hope this helps.

jim currie

Jun 29, 2003
arizona
Visit site
Pat
there was a artical on pouring solid foundations using rock like ho ballest for n in the plaster then gently wire brushing to make stones stand out will look it up.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
you ask and you shall receive!

Here's a little progress on my project structure. Thanks to Casey for his input and reference material. Now this brings into play an excellent oppertunity to include a loading platform.

Attachments

• pict0008.jpg
    pict0008.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 148