Newby

reddwarf

Hi, Have been a plastic modeller since I was about 9 years old, have all Star Trk, BSG, etc etc, have run out of room. Cost wise decideded to try card stock models.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zealo (GREAT "SMEGGIN" AVATAR NAME).
You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI! We have MANY members who are into SCI-FI (including myself). So you should feel right at home here.

If you have any photos of some of your older (plastic) models, you are (more than) welcome to post them in the "PLASTIC" Section.

Once you have started building the paper models (that you are wanting to), please post a build thread of them.
Build threads are a GREAT way to show off your skills, talents and techniques. Not only that, but you can also highlight certain areas that yo may have problems with that you need help (or advice) on.

Too right you are, cost wise, paper models are GREATLY CHEAPER! Not only that, but there are more models available in paper than there are in plastic (regardless of the genre). Another good thing about paper (as a opposed to plastic) models, is that (if you have the template saved on your computer), if you make a mistake, you can always print out another part and fix the problem, or if you are not happy with the first build (which for me is generally the case), you can always print out another template, and build it again, this time make what ever improvements that you want to then.

With that being said, is there a particular model that you are looking for?

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help your advice, please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you ENJOY yourself. I look forward to seeing your work!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did I hear BSG??? ;)

Well, I guess you have found the right place to be!

Welcome to Zealot! :)

reddwarf

Bugger, I went looking for my photos of the models I have built, then I remembered I lost them when a friend borrowed my hard drive with 3tb of my Sci/Fi tv series and photos etc etc, and he some how wiped the drive. Years of collecting DVD covers shows , all gone. Will never get back most of it.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
That is a BUMMER!!!
Are you still friends with this person (and is he still alive ;))?

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Oh, smeg. Let's just hope we don't end up galloping up diahorrea drive without a saddle! Welcome reddwarf, have to warn you though, I have the same space issues with paper models that I used to get with plastic ones :( On the topic of Red Dwarf models, I do have a template for the RD herself. Can't remember where I found it, but it's very basic.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to Zealot, sorry for the belated Welcome. :)

reddwarf

I haven't found any reddwarf yet. Cant wait to get to some of the models here. Havent had time to photo plastic models yet.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I haven't found any reddwarf yet. Cant wait to get to some of the models here. Havent had time to photo plastic models yet.

There are quite a few Red Dwarf paper models on the net. Just Google "Red Dwarf paper models" and you will find MANY different kinds (Red Dwarf ship, Starbug, Holly Hop Drive, Scutter, Talky Toaster, Kryten Head, just to name a few).