Binderchk

Jan 26, 2003
Grafton, Ohio
Visit site
Hi. I just joined The Guage and thought I would introduce myself. I am building a shelf layout in N scale of The Old Ophir railroad made by Laurie Green. I have made some changes to fit my area and interest. I have added a Inglenook Yard for assembling the out going trains and breaking down the incoming trains. I am scratch building the buildings on this layout. I hope to show pictures of it soon. I just finished laying the track and plan to take so pictures soon I have attached a print of the layout.

Attachments

• my old ophir trackplan.jpg
    my old ophir trackplan.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 170

Binderchk

Jan 26, 2003
Grafton, Ohio
Visit site
On the top right corner is a button that says next page. It takes a couple pages to get to the layout. Below is a picture of it I downloaded from his website

Attachments

• old ophir.jpg
    old ophir.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 133

Binderchk

Jan 26, 2003
Grafton, Ohio
Visit site
The pictures I have are to large to upload. Email me and let me know if you want me to email them to you. I have 2 pictures. One of the complete layout and one of the town. I think the one of the layout might upload so I have attached it to this email.

Attachments

• oldophir.jpg
    oldophir.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 123

Binderchk

Jan 26, 2003
Grafton, Ohio
Visit site
You know, I had just noticed that the other day. It definetly will has quite a lot of switching. I also liked his waybill car setup. It causes you to draw a situation card and adhear to it during the switching operation. Also, if you train includes a flat car or you are picking up a flat car, you need to draw a load card and pick up the load it states before switching it to leave town. I added the inglenook as the yard to add this switching puzzle to the works. It should offer hours of operation. I'll know soon. I am going to pick up the rest of the foam railbed I need to lay the track then give it a whirl.