Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Binderchk, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Binderchk

Binderchk New Member

Hi. I just joined The Guage and thought I would introduce myself. I am building a shelf layout in N scale of The Old Ophir railroad made by Laurie Green. I have made some changes to fit my area and interest. I have added a Inglenook Yard for assembling the out going trains and breaking down the incoming trains. I am scratch building the buildings on this layout. I hope to show pictures of it soon. I just finished laying the track and plan to take so pictures soon I have attached a print of the layout.

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Hi Binderchk and welcome to the Gauge. I'm not familar with that R.R. or Laurie Green but that is a interesting plan. Looking forward to seeing some pics! :)
  3. Binderchk

Binderchk New Member

Thanks. Below is the link for Laurie's layout of the Old Ophir. It is in On3. I found his website when I was looking for a waybill system. I liked his Idea and his layout. He sent me some pictures of it and I started building it. Like I mentioned, I changed the truntable setup he has to the one on the plan I made.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/LaurieGreen/page13.html
  4. Tyson Rayles

That's an interesting site, but couldn't find any pics of his work.
  5. Binderchk

Binderchk New Member

On the top right corner is a button that says next page. It takes a couple pages to get to the layout. Below is a picture of it I downloaded from his website

Attached Files:

6. Tyson Rayles

Yeah I found those but they are just drawings. I was looking for actual color photos of the completed layout (other then the one on the first or second page). I was just curiuos if his walk was as good as his talk :D :D :D .
  7. Binderchk

Binderchk New Member

The pictures I have are to large to upload. Email me and let me know if you want me to email them to you. I have 2 pictures. One of the complete layout and one of the town. I think the one of the layout might upload so I have attached it to this email.

Attached Files:

8. Tyson Rayles

Very nice indeed! :cool:
  9. Bucks Owin

Bucks Owin New Member

Hi and welcome fellow "gearjammer". I notice that "Ophir" has a built in John Allen "Timesaver". That'll guarantee some switching fun!
  10. Binderchk

Binderchk New Member

You know, I had just noticed that the other day. It definetly will has quite a lot of switching. I also liked his waybill car setup. It causes you to draw a situation card and adhear to it during the switching operation. Also, if you train includes a flat car or you are picking up a flat car, you need to draw a load card and pick up the load it states before switching it to leave town. I added the inglenook as the yard to add this switching puzzle to the works. It should offer hours of operation. I'll know soon. I am going to pick up the rest of the foam railbed I need to lay the track then give it a whirl.