Newbie introduction

gjvk

Apr 12, 2008
Jersey City, NJ
Stumbled upon this site this morning googling for some information. Suddenly notices I spent half the day reading through the wealth of knowledge collected here. I am new to the hobby and am just starting to develop a layout that (I hope) will capture the essence of all railroading activity in Jersey City, NJ in the 1940's or 50's. It's awesome to live in the middle of so much railroading history (downtown Jersey City) and there are endless possibilities to model all of this.

Thanks - in advance - for all the tidbits of wisdom and experience....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Welcome to the Gauge... You are modeling an era and location that's somewhat familiar to me. I lived right across the meadow from Jersey City back in the 40's and 50's. I could see the Pulaski Skyway from the back of our house and I watched as they built the Jersey Turnpike through the meadows.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Welcome! (I had to laugh...I was reading your post so quickly that I thought you wrote that your trying to capture the essense of all "radio activity" in Jersey City...woops.)

This is a great place to gain invaluable knowledge and share yours too. There's plenty of really great layouts, and ones in the beginning stages. So there's almost always a question asked that you end up learning something new from.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hello and Welcome!! :D I live on the PA side of the Delaware River as a few other members do.

You're right - there is a lot of history through here that can be modeled... Good Luck and don't be afraid to post pics and ask questions :D :D