newbie haha ! , do's & dont's on electric buggies

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by skidilydidily1, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

hey guys, im new to all this rc business lol an am trying to catch up with all the lingo ( may take a while ) i want to get in nitro but as im new i think it would be best to start off with a less expensive electric buggy , any1 wanna suggest a good beginer's buggy ? , 1 rpoblem is i am moving to turkey in a matter of weeks so am gunna wait till i get there till i buy 1 , thats another reason i wanna go with electric ... im not to sure how easy it would be to get hold of fuel out there , anybody have any info they wanna share bout this , alisor70 , dunno if that is right issays he is going to turkey aswell in a few months so if u have info i would like to hear it , cheers matt ( uk)
  2. rustler

rustler Member

yea i am also just getting into this hobby, right now i own a duratrax evader and a traxxas nitro rustler, the evader was great for begining, you didnt need to do much you just got a lot of driving experiance, i never broke one thing on it and think you should try it out and it is not very expensive at all
  3. rustler

rustler Member

did that help any? lol
  4. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

ummm yea kinda , i was looking at the evader earlier on today am was very intrested , it all depends on what i can get my hands on in turkey because i dont own a rc car at the moment ( cant wait till i do tho lol ) did u go with electric as a beginner ?
  5. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

what kinda speed can u get outa a stock evader btw ! ? plus when u buy them rtr u have to buy other stuff aswell dont u ? ( haha just goes to show how new i am to all this )
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

rtr comes with everything but a battery and charger. a losi or AE would be nice but a little expensive. the evader is a greast beginner car. thats what my friend got but now he has a t4
  7. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

sweet , evader looks like the way to go then , but on the other hand i like the losi xxx ( i think thats what it is called lol ) monster u r the person i was talking to on aol last night yea ? an say i got an evader can i make it better by buying better batteries an motors ?
  8. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

i also have been looking on ebay at alot of cars an there seems to be alot of these acme an smartech cars , are these any good ??? im guessing they aint because there is alot of um around an r quite cheep ! :)
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

ya we were talking last night. yes better batteries and motors will make the car better. also if you get a better speed control.the stock one doesnt allow you to put a motor under 19t on it which the stock one is
  10. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

what do u mean by 19t ?. an what does the speed control do , ? ( u probily think im dumb for asking these questions lol )
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

19 turns-the number of winds-times the the wire is wraped. the speed control gives the comandes.its like the brain of an electric rc the less turns a motor has the faster it is or more acceleration. i dont think your dumb for asking. you probably never even new that one such thing existed.lol
  12. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

nope ur right i didnt know lol, an i also thought that the more turns it had would be better, kinda decieving ! so just to make sure say a 12 turn motor would be better than a 17 turn motor yea ? , another question i have is what is a peak charger ?
  13. bandit1

bandit1 Member

12 "better" than 17, not always, with the right gearing, yes, and with the right driving style yes. i always have gone for more speed than i need, just so i know i have it when i want it. i drive around half to 3/4 throttle, and only when i want to give it that extra speed, i go full throttle. about the peak charger.....im not sure exacally what the peak part means, but any Reedy or Duratrax are decent chargers.

Anyway, i like ur thinking on going electric for ur first car. Most people luv hearing the sound of engines, and like seeing numbers like 65+ mph, but u can do just the same with electrics with the right stuff. so good choice, and feel free to ask whatever. have fun!
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

well with a 12t motor the battery will die faster. the 27t motors have a longer run time. peak is the same as a smart charger. they quick charge and then when it is close to done it goes to a trickle(slow)charge so you dont over charge your pack
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

well sometimes i like to go with the 27t motor and sometimes with an 11t or 12t motor. i ussually always go full throttle.lol. sometimes i go to the track and there are a lot of people with 27t motors so i pop that in and practice with them
  16. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

ohhh i c, lol what would i do without u !! haha . i have heard sumat about discharging aswell , what does that entail ? an whats the diffrence between 6 or 7 cell packs an flat or humped or summat i am not to sure on the proper names ? which is the best to go with ?
  17. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

lol gearing , i aint got to that yet i dont have a cloo about it YET ! hah , would u mind explaing it a bit plz ! :)
  18. monsterrcbuilder04

discharge just takes the power out of the battery but i just run the car till the battery cant turn the wheels or servo anymore. 6 cell packs have 7.2 volts and are normal sized packs and a 7 cell has 8.4 volts(1 cell=1.2v) a hump pach is just shaped differently and ussually a 5 cell pack. flat packs are normal
  19. rustler

rustler Member

hey monsterrcbuilder do you know about how fast the evader goes, ive had mine for about a year now and never really found how fast i was goin
  20. skidilydidily1

skidilydidily1 Member

ok so what motor an batt would u recomend for an evader ? not for max speed but quite quick with a good life span ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.