Newbie Allert!

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
Hi Guy's my name is Paul. I reside in the glorious country you guys call Downunder. I have been interested in model railroading for some years (30), but I have never been able to get things happening because of where I have lived. But now thanks to my wife and I buying our first home and the modern marvels of the internet and things like ebay and on line shopping I don't have to worry about trying to get to the model store to pick up supplies to build my railroad. I have called myself after the Royal Blue because it was my first locomotive as a child.
I won't babble on any longer, I just wanted to say Hi and let you know that you have an absolutely brilliant forum here for all to see. Keep up the great work.:wave: Look forward to chatting to you all.
Cheers Paul

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge. I looked at your camper thread, I've never seen a suspension set up like that here in the U.S. It looks like it has quit a bit of travel. Is it intended for off road use?

sidetracked

Dec 4, 2006
Hi blue,,, I only beat you here by a few days,,,, think I already call it home,,,,,, and welcome from another newbie,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,, st

Wulfmann

Dec 14, 2006
Will you be modeling the "Royal Blue" and if so, what Royal Blue will it be. I don't remember what type of trains you have down there. :wave:

Hope yur nut gona modal un doz furrener like tans now ar'ya?sign1

BTW, if I give you any advise and you follow it without checking with some of the real "experten" here, don't blame me. I have not looked at a train for 20 plus years until last week:rolleyes:

Well, there is one thing I could advise that you can do:
"The right way is the way you enjoy it"
Do it like that!:thumb:

Wulfmann

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
Russ Bellinis said:
Welcome to the Gauge. I looked at your camper thread, I've never seen a suspension set up like that here in the U.S. It looks like it has quit a bit of travel. Is it intended for off road use?
Thanks for that, I designed the suspension my-self. The travel is great on it yeah it is intended for off road use.
One thing I am glad of here is that this forum is a V-bulletin type board and I am a moderator on the Downunder one. As soon as i saw it I went "Whoo Hoo". I don't have to learn how post pictures and I can navigate my way around the User CP realy easily.
Cheers Paul.

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
Wulfmann said:
Will you be modeling the "Royal Blue" and if so, what Royal Blue will it be. I don't remember what type of trains you have down there. :wave:

Hope yur nut gona modal un doz furrener like tans now ar'ya?sign1

BTW, if I give you any advise and you follow it without checking with some of the real "experten" here, don't blame me. I have not looked at a train for 20 plus years until last week:rolleyes:

Well, there is one thing I could advise that you can do:
"The right way is the way you enjoy it"
Do it like that!:thumb:

Wulfmann

Thanks Wulfmann,
I have just purchased my first steamer from the US actually It the tyco Royal Blue 2-8-0 (683) with smoke and lights. I paid $41.00 US for it. cheers Paul.

6869_1.jpg

Amrap1

Nov 11, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Paul,

Welcome to The Gauge.

I've always wanted to ask someone from the south side of the equater, Do your toilets and drains really flow anti-clockwise? If things south of the equater flow opposite, then do your car races have all right turns?

Just having fun.....Merry Christmas!

Ed

The Royal Blue

Dec 5, 2006
Hunter Valley, Australia
Amrap1 said:
Paul,

Welcome to The Gauge.

I've always wanted to ask someone from the south side of the equater, Do your toilets and drains really flow anti-clockwise? If things south of the equater flow opposite, then do your car races have all right turns?

Just having fun.....Merry Christmas!

Ed
Hello Ed. Yes our toilet's and drains do flow in the opposite direction to the northern hemisphere which leads me to another question what happens at the equator do they have problems getting the water to flush at all :eek: on to our car races they are run in both directions (mainly anti-clockwise) and the tracks consist of left and right turns :eek:
Figure that one out :he he:

PS all good love having fun.