Newb Q

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudex

dudex Member

I didnt mean by putting your finger over the carb. If you stop the engine with the wheels turning, meaning that the clutch is engaged, doesnt matter ho you stop it, then if the motor cuts off as its going to top dead center, then sometimes it can rebound and the piston goes the opposite way because of the compression of the engine. this will turn the entire clutch the opposite way the wheels are spinning, and sometimes if your motor was spinning fast enough it will strip a gear. very rare, but it does happen. And to timrock, I know the motor is off but because all of this happens within less than one 100th of a second the clutch does not have time to disengage, sometimes. Im not saying this is common occurence because its not, because so many things have to be happening just right.
  2. dudex

dudex Member

it is spinning 6,000 rpms less than 1 one hundredth of a second, before it dies and strips the gear. Obviously if the motor is off it cant be spining 6,000 rpms. If you understood about 2 stroke engines you would know exactly what I meant. But since you yourself admit not even be able to tune one then I cant expect much out of you.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

if it is spinning 6,000rpms it is not going to stop that fast unless the piston rod breaks or somthing.

dudex,can the bs and ship it somwhere else
  4. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Nother newb q here:

When I install a new radio system, I put in a new chip or something? How does it connect to the electronics? How do I configure the transmitter?
  5. dudex

dudex Member

are you changing the entire radio and reciever or are you just changing the crystals to change freqeuncy?
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

6000 RPMs on a 2 stroke is just about @ idle. Come-on this is a silly arguement.
  7. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Im just wondering how to change the whole radio system if needed.

And back to starting nitro vehicle:
    I kno you have to prime it first, by pulling the pull start until nitro flows into carb. But one site says to pull until fuel spits out glow plug hole! And then it says to turn car upside down and keep pullin to rid of excess nitro. Is this the correct way? If not explain to me what is the correct way please!
  8. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

9. timrock

timrock Active Member

vette,radio system in what car.your radioshack car?

also right about the silly thing.he says that will strip out the gears.it is like man,why is somone posting such bs?
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

The only reason to pull the glow plug and dump out the fuel is when its flooded.
  11. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

thanx for the tip, checkout the cen website tho tell me if its correct!

And if I was to replace the radio system on my RS4 for some reason (new radio or repair) do I just plug and play with crystals and circuits or do I have to solder too?
  12. dudex

dudex Member

plug and play. If you bey it a hobby shop just ask them to help you hook it up.
  13. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

YO another Q

Im buying an RS4 from Santa Rosa California. I am mailing money order from Toronto Ontario Canada, and am not using Air Mail. How long would it take to get to my target destination? A week? I mailed on the 31st of Jan, now it is the 6th. I don't know why it is taking so long to reach.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

you should have asked the people you ordered it from.i would guess you would get it the first week next month.but you can always call them back and ask.

you can get a 2 speed tranny for your RS4 which is awesome.i wish they manufactured a 2 speed statium truck.if they did i would,most likely buy it.
  15. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ya its registered mail too, but its been 6 days since i dropped it off at the post office. 2 days they just kept it there, so leaves 4 days for crossing border from Toronto and delivering to California. =\ Just hoping the mail can get there sooner. Cool 2 speed! Has anyone seen the movie October Sky? It reminds me of when I used to go launch rockets! I'm going back into the hobby!
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

you ever see the movie The Dead Pool with Clint Eastwood?they had that RC car with a bomb aboard following a real full size car controlled by a passenger in a full size car right behind it to blow up the car they were following.that was so cool.
  17. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ok, i sent the money order about a week ago. Why isnt it reaching California from toronto yet? Should I cal the post office?
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

why shouldnt you call.they are the people to ask not anyone in here.call the place you sent it to see if they got it yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.