Newb Q

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

your girlfriend said that nitro isnt faster than electric?
    them things dont sound good.sounds like a flat note.i like the way gas engines sound though.
    i love the way a 12 turn electric motor sounds screeming on 16 cells!sounds hairy. (under load)
  2. c496

c496 Member

Putting you finger over the carb pushs dirt into the engine because when your driving the air filter is dirty on the other side. If you push that then you are pushing the dirt on the other side into the carb.

Covering the exaust tip with your finger creates backpressure and can sometimes strip your gears.

the best way is to pinch the line.
  3. c496

c496 Member

I like the sound of nitro, the smoke, and the speed.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea probably a better idea to pinch the line.you can cover the air filter with your hand too.i dont think any dirt would get into the engine.i dont run Nitro.i run Electric.

i can make as much Horsepower with electric as any Nitro engine on the market and there is no smoke or offensive smell.Electric is much nicer.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

creating back pressure by covering the exhaust tip will not strip out the gears.ABSOLUTLY NOT.
    the clutch isnt even engaged at idle so that is practicaly impossible
  6. bandit1

bandit1 Member

tim, if u dont have any nitro's, why do u care so friggin much. dude, relax, its OK! have u even tried any of these methods and seen wat happends. and if u have so wat, its not ur truck so y do u care?!?!?!?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

doesnt matter if tryed them.i dont have to.i know enough about nitro to back up what i say about them.
    bandit,what makes you think i care anymore than you do?
  8. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

tim once again you astonish me with your ignorance. you are an idiot! you know nothing about nitro engines. you have proved that with your own posts. As far as I can see you dont really know anything about anything. Maybe you had a friend one time that had an rc and he was a smart and knowledgable guy, but you are not! He probably isnt your friend anymore either because you are so obnoxious. You are full of puff and smoke, and you like to make yourself sound big so people will be impressed. So far, I dont see many people who are impressed, sorry, except for the alternate id that you created to back yourself up.
    what a joke.
  9. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Ok now i kno how to stop a nitro. What do you do to lubricate or maintenance the engine and running gear?
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

rcosmax`s alternate name is rockn82.AKA retard.he got swindlled by a machine shop guy to have him rebuild his engine after every race.i only have timrock as my name.
    also i know if the clutch isnt engaged you wont be striping out any gears in the drive train.
    so what ignorence are you talking about?
    also,who and why do i have to impress them?
    vette 7t9 if you ask rscomax how to maintain your engine he will tell you to rebuild it after every run cause he is a MORON.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

talk about ignorance...rcosmax takes the cake.
  12. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Before I go out and start my nitro, what do I have to do first?
  13. bandit1

bandit1 Member

in TOTALLLLLLL agreement with rcosmax!!!!not to take any light off of this post, ill try to answer the question after i vent!!! at first i thought tim was a very smart guy with rc's. but the way u, tim, bash ppl in a way it seems no1 see's really got me P-O'ed. and now after that, every friggin post u have has either no meaning to the question or suggestion. so take u and ur 340 some post, which at least half r junk and bashing ppl posts, and stop being such an a$$.

now that iv vented LOL vette 7t9, before u start and engine for break-in u have to prime the carb. by either pushing ur primer or putting ur finger over the exhaust and pulling ur starter cord once. then u get ur glow ignitor, stick it on ur glow plug, and use short, quick strokes to get ur engine going. if ur engine doesnt ctrat, keep in mind the temp. where ur starting it, if its cold, use a hair dryer to heat up the motor.

Hope i could help, and if U TIM have anything to add thats half decent, which i doubt, go ahead, I DONT CARE!!!!
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

i was bashed first and i `hit back`.insult my Intelligents and i will insult yours.
    i was called a liar because what i do with RC is so extreme,people find it hard to believe.most people PM me to ask about my set up.those people are cool.you dont have to call someone a liar.

and i may have made somone feel stupid by correcting them when giving addvice to someone when they were wrong.

even you were wrong about something and i corrected you and you didnt feel that way and acctualy took addvice from me and thanked me.(bandit)
    rcosmax,on the other hand,was also wrong.i corrected him and he got all POed.now he is dick so thats why i say s hit back.rockn82 is another one.
  15. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

Well, how do i maintain an engine? lube? cleaner?
  16. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Vette maintaining the engine is a very simple task. After break in (the most important part of the whole engine life) you simply keep an eye on temp. Clean your air filter about every hour or so. And use after run oil before you put it up for the night. For after run oil procedures just look on a bottle of after run. Or you can make your own after run oil from Tranmission Fluid (Dextron III) and Marvel Mystery Oil in a 50/50 mix. Also remember that keeping an engine clean will make it last longer too. When you have a layer of dirt and crud on the engine then it cannot dissipate heat as well as if it were clean.
    Also always running on the rich side will make sure your engine stays lubricated properly.

And turning my attention to good 'ol moron...
    I am glad I am no longer the only one who see just how full of poop you are. If I had more then one logon name you could bet that like you I would be posting one sentence posts, just so I could watch my post count go up. But hey here is some news... it doesn't matter what it says above your posts, in the RC world you ain't no valued member. I just hope you better at your real job than you are at everything else, unless your the village idiot. In that case good job. And what is with the new thread? "Horsepower=torque+rpm" Do you want everybody to know your an idiot? I would have left that one in the radio shack section. Where you belong. I won't say that I know it all when it comes to RC but I can tell you that the corn dog I am eating has horsepower figured out better than you. If you actually have something to contribute to this forum then by all means please do. Questions? then ask. But if you are out to pretend like you know something, sooner or later people are gonna realize that you are full of it. That is why lies get people nowhere... cause sooner or later it all catches up. So instead of posting crap or posting three times in a row when you could simply submit once (eating up space on the server of this forum) or half a dozen of the other things that you have done to irritate me and everybody else (if not irritated by tim then exclude yourself here) that have made real contributions to the people on this forum or have had questions answered here.
    So to sum up the whole situation BE REAL or SHUT THE (insert colorful metaphor here) UP
  17. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

hmm after run oil. Can WD40 count?
  18. dudex

dudex Member

no. Wd-40 means water displacement. After run oil actually soaks up water so that nothing rusts. WD-40 just pushes it around inside the engine.
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

rockn82: torque+rpm is the most basic meaning of it.i figured since you didnt know what HP was or meant(a few weeks ago)i figured i would mention the basics to you.

i knew you didn`t know what it was from reading what you posted.which was `Horespower has nothing to do with the top speed of the car`.i told you that it has everything to do with it.without HP there would be no RPM or Torque.

then you researched it and found the common formula (for calculation) and posted it to make it seem as if you knew what it was.
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

no one asked or needed a formula
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.