new website

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
I agree that the pop-ups are annoying, but it's my impression that it's a way of "footing the bill", so to speak. Is this right or am I confused as usual?

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
pop-ups

I am using Angelfire and fight with the same prob...

To make it less annoying, just minimize the first popup instead of closing it. As long as it is open, no more will open. When you leave the site, just close the popup...

ian

Feb 10, 2002
maryland
www.members.tripod.com
thanks for the support guys. i admit, the pop-up is lousy. i am looking for a new provider literally as we speak. yes, just minimize the ad, and you won't have to deal with it popping up every time. i always give full credit to whomever submits anything Shamus, i never try to pawn it off as my own. thanks again fellas, and feel free to send anything, pictures, articles, hate mail, whatever. ;)

Ian

ian

Feb 10, 2002
maryland
www.members.tripod.com
for some reason, the links won't respond to my code changes for color. im still tryin to turn the @!$$%# things around. i know, it's hard for me to read as well. but hey, it's a work in progress site. :)

ian

Feb 10, 2002
maryland
www.members.tripod.com
Originally posted by billk
I agree that the pop-ups are annoying, but it's my impression that it's a way of "footing the bill", so to speak. Is this right or am I confused as usual?

you are absolutely correct. they sell ad space to companies. the companies pyrchase it knowing that thousand of people make web-pages with Tripod and the other sites every day. therefore, the consumers that see the ad increas exponentially with every web-page added to the network. unfortunately, it just pisses us off, doesnt make us want to buy anything.