New walthers roundhouse

nicknero

Aug 19, 2005
Just got the kit and it looks like there is no room for tracks so my engines to roll in does anyone have one of these if so what did they do

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
What did you mean by "no room"? Are the bays too short? Does the radius match the turntable? Is the building too big for the space you have? Inquiring minds want to know...:thumb: :D

nicknero

Aug 19, 2005
well if you buy the kit I ment it had plastic rails in it which is odd sorry if I dont seem right Im sick and out of it so ya the plastic rails feel right and it seems odd

nicknero, I can't tell you from experience with this model, but ya can't hardly have plastic
rails and get a loco into the roundhouse under its own power. Are there maybe grooves
in which to insert metal rails? Does it come with an instruction sheet? (not tryin' to be a smarta**, just askin')

Hey, Bob, are you proselytizin'????????

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
nicknero said:
well if you buy the kit I ment it had plastic rails in it which is odd sorry if I dont seem right Im sick and out of it so ya the plastic rails feel right and it seems odd

That does sound kinda odd, guess I'll have to look that one up, my only experience being the Heljin ones of old.

Nope, Cid, just lettin' folks know up front where I stand:thumb: :D

nicknero

Aug 19, 2005
no groove and the instructions say nothing about them either I thought there woul at least be a thing where they make you by the rails to insert into it from walthers and you had to select the code

Skammer

Feb 4, 2005
Do you have the Modern Roundhouse?

I have the Walthers 3-stall roundhouse (actually two of them combined to make 6 stalls), and the floor of the building had slots to slide the rails into. I would expect that the design for both structures would be similar.

nicknero

Aug 19, 2005
thanx Ill have to look into it because this was a bday present to myself and I dont know why Im worrying about it now I havent got my turn table yet

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I suspect it would have slots in the floor for track to slide in. Since the same roundhouse could be used for modelers using code 100, 83, or code 70 rail, it would make sense to make it without the rail so the individual could put in the same size rail that they were using in their engine facility.