New version dalek (IPOD version)

movieman

Oct 5, 2008
I have started on the new version dalek from dr who, as normal with me, I have gone for the life sized scale.... Just print off on to paper and then glue together and then use PVA or spray mount glue to mount parts on to a thick gauge cardboard.... time to raid the local supermarket. Then assemble your very own dalek... as normal you can fibre glass over the cardboard or if you are an expert with wood, you are welcome to use these parts as templates to construct a wood version. Please feel free to share with others, but remember who created these. :mrgreen:

newdalekspicture.jpg

newdalek.jpg

I am uploading the first 2 parts in to the download section, the first two parts are the mid section and base section.
dalekmidsection.jpg

dalekbase.jpg

movieman

Oct 5, 2008
Ho .... P.S I have uploaded the file under the " DR WHO" section in the download area.... these will be available for download once approved.

Steve

movieman

Oct 5, 2008
The next part for the dalek is has now been uploaded to the download section.... the life size head.

lifesizedalekhead.jpg

warmachine

Mar 19, 2010
Stanton, CA
Hey Movieman

Thank you for these files. I was wondering if you made any more progress on the rest of it? I plan to make this from cardboard/resin/fiberglass once all of the bits for the model are posted.

Thank you again, it looks superb so far.

goodduck

Jul 25, 2010
You know, when I first see one of the show many, many, many years ago. I wasn't sure was it a scifi show or a comedy show, cause all the robots are running around a toilet plunger. Hey, i was just a kid back then. What do I know. But nowadays, still bring a smile to me every time I see that thing.

leaw

Oct 5, 2010
Okay i'll admit it . i have a soft spot for the new dalek design. i thought it looked awful at first, but when they appeared on the show my 5 year old daughter was jumping up and down, she was that excited. She claims Matt Smith is 'her doctor' and these are 'her daleks'. Looks like this could be a joint project for us!