new track plan, need some input please!

Jun 18, 2004
barboursville, wv
hello everyone, below is my revised track plan. as you can see i have made a couple of additions to it. need to Honestly know your opinions. the elevation im planning on useing is going to be around 2 1/2 to 3 %, is this too much or not enough to cross over the other lines? i really need some honesty on this, as i know nothing about track planning. i purchased Track Planning for Realistic Operation from John Armstrong abd i have been reading it. im trying to model the west virginia and maryland regions. the time is around mid 1960's to 1970's. i want operations as well as continious running. the drawing is scaled at 3/4" = 1'. i really need some input on this, so please, be honest. thanks!

Attachments

• optimized layout.png
    optimized layout.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 283

SAL Comet

May 13, 2004
N.W. Georgia
Ha Steve, I wouldn't go past 3% on the main line, that's pretty steep. At that grade it will take just over 11' of track to gain the 4" needed for an overpass.

As for your plan, it hard to make out whats what. May I recommend you download the RightTrack planning software from www.atlasrr.com . It free and relitively easy to figure out. Using righttrack or another program will really help people see and understand your idea's and help you improve them.