new toys

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
kf4jqd said:
That is a cool train! :thumb: How old is it?

Andy
i'm honestly not sure how old any of it is.... i'm assuming its all pre-war?? i was actually hoping someone here would know! :D

the one passenger car is slightly not fully orginional, it was discribed as "having 3 hold down tabs missing"... which wasn't a big deal to me, but i was curious to why... when i got it a realized that the base of the car was from a logging car, i lifted the one side apart where the tabs were missing to see it, and the log uprights are still underneith... i don't know if the seller knew it or not, but i'm gonna e-mail him today about it...

i shoulda noticed something was off when i looked at the pictures on e-bay... you can see the rivets on the bottom of the car and when looking though the center hole you can see the floor peice....... (it's the bottom car in this picture)... but either way, even though it's not fully orgininal, it's made from origninal parts!

i used a bit of glue to glue down the one side from lifting up, and it runs and looks good, thats all that matters

39_3.JPG

edit: if you look at the picture, you can also see that the paint was scraped off the bottom tabs from when it was changed onto the new bottom peice