New to forum

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Woodie, I tried a search & couldn't find the $#@! thing either!
Here is the website for the magazine index, but GMR's 2000 isn't in the index yet.
mad.gif

Try e-mailing Model Railroader Magazine.
You can contact them from this site too -
www.index.mrmag.com
Hope this helps Woodie.

[This message has been edited by Charlie (edited 03-31-2001).]

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Charlie (why do I always get you confused with George?) I have been up through the Leigh Creek part of Australia, and it one of my fav places on earth. Purely for it's remoteness and desoletness. They do an annual train journey from Adelaide to Leigh Creek/Maree with an performance of "Opera in the Outback" each year. One of the train experiences of the world. I have done that train trip (not for that occasion) and also across to Perth. Literally the middle of nowhere. One good thing about modelling Australian railways out there..... Dont have to worry about trees!! I'll put some links to modelling Australian outback on my website. There are quite a few. Have you been following "Survivor" on tele?

TOOT!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey Woodie!
That's interesting - I didn't know there was a real location called Leigh Creek. The Leigh Creek Lumber Co. RR I was refering to is a free-lance HO RR set in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. (nothing BUT trees - BIG ones!)
I went back, & dug out my copy of the article, & found out that Geoff Nott lives in Sydney. (phone directory maybe?)
As to confusing me with George - I don't know - It must be our rugged good looks, intellegence, & the fact that women can't resist us!
biggrin.gif

LC

Apr 5, 2001
Visit site
Woodie, glad to have you on-board. It will be intresting to get information on how things are run "down under".
Hope you enjoy the Gauge, lots of people here to help. I know, I need help too.
Lance