New Titanic from Sir Currell - Beta Report

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by milenio3, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

2. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

R.i.P April 14 1912

The Titanic in it resting place .. There even the sub that found it on top !!

the model is from a book i got a while ago from a friend . but one of the model is of the ship sinking :( but the pages got soda spill on them so it not save able :( but the model of the ship in good shape i plan on build all with the this new model

later

Attached Files:

3. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Ok... Here is my version [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

I like both of those, the sinking and the sunk! Any idea where I can find them? I'm not sure who put them out...
  5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

i have no idea were my friend got the book w/ the model but i'll ask him when i see him

the only list on the book

(Make a model .. Titanic)

Chatham River Press
    225 Park Ave South
    New York, New York 1003

i like to found 1 more my self because one of the model is unbuild able do to a soda accident :(

Attached Files:

6. smyfe

smyfe Member

7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

"Make a Titanic Model" on eBay

Smyfe,

Thanks for the tip - I entered the bidding and won the model! The girl in England who sold it will ship it to me by air mail.

Very good find!
    Bengt :D
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

What a steal!
    Great job on getting that one, Bengt!
    That was definitely a bargain!

Russell
  9. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

That one I am holding in my hand is from an old postcard model..
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

"Titanic - Build a Model" (Three for The Price of One)

Smyfe & Russell,

I am one lucky guy - I got the "Titanic - make a model" card model booklet set (with three Titanic models) from the kind girl in England the other day. It is in superb condition and I definitely do not want to cut it up, so I am slowly scanning it, page by page, in high resloution.

At the moment, I am working on a recoloring in Photoshop of the wreck model - it´s '12,000 feet-deep-ocean' dark blue but I am doing it rusty brown instead. I plan to add just a little detail (just a little, mind you!), to make it look a bit more like this amazingly detailed and huge Titanic wreck model:

In ordinary working room lighting:
    [​IMG]

Or, seen through my 'Atlantic Ocean-at-12,000-feet' -Photoshop filter:
    [​IMG]

Blurp,
    Bengt :smile:
  11. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

"Titanic - Build a Model" (Three for The Price of One)

Smyfe & Russell,

I am one lucky guy - I got the "Titanic - make a model" card model booklet set (with three Titanic models) from the kind girl in England the other day. It is in superb condition and I definitely do not want to cut it up, so I am slowly scanning it, page by page, in high resloution.

At the moment, I am working on a recoloring in Photoshop of the wreck model - it´s '12,000 feet-deep-ocean' dark blue but I am doing it rusty brown instead. I plan to add just a little detail (just a little, mind you!), to make it look a bit more like this amazingly detailed and huge Titanic wreck model:

In ordinary working room lighting:
    [​IMG]

Or, seen through my 'Atlantic Ocean-at-12,000-feet' -Photoshop filter:
    [​IMG]

Blurp,
    Bengt :smile:
  12. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi Bengt, it sounds like you got a good deal. Ihope we get to see the pictures of the end product:) :twisted:
  13. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi Bengt, it sounds like you got a good deal. Ihope we get to see the pictures of the end product:) :twisted:
  14. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Jim, thank you very very much for yet another great lesson on scale modeling. That post of yours is a valuable (and I may add a good idea for a little article in my club's newletter - I'll PM you for your copyrights :twisted:).

Thanks everyone for checking on my build, but I know many of you will come up with much better constructions of this little great model.

Begnt, compadre, I think you got yourself a treasure on that book.

Maybe I already mentioned this - forgive me if I mention it again - I've got the Taschen book from a friend at the local club, he gave it to me to try it. I saw that he bought it on a clearance sale at Borders bookstore in Albuquerque, NM, some time ago. Cost for him: US$5.00. Just like Bengt, I don't want to temper with this fine book, so I'm also scanning it page by page, will print it in a printshop for a high quality printout, and planning to build it little by little.

Ok, now, let's see more Currell's Titanic being built.
  15. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Jim, thank you very very much for yet another great lesson on scale modeling. That post of yours is a valuable (and I may add a good idea for a little article in my club's newletter - I'll PM you for your copyrights :twisted:).

Thanks everyone for checking on my build, but I know many of you will come up with much better constructions of this little great model.

Begnt, compadre, I think you got yourself a treasure on that book.

Maybe I already mentioned this - forgive me if I mention it again - I've got the Taschen book from a friend at the local club, he gave it to me to try it. I saw that he bought it on a clearance sale at Borders bookstore in Albuquerque, NM, some time ago. Cost for him: US$5.00. Just like Bengt, I don't want to temper with this fine book, so I'm also scanning it page by page, will print it in a printshop for a high quality printout, and planning to build it little by little.

Ok, now, let's see more Currell's Titanic being built.
  16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hola Gerardo, compadre mio,

Pardon me for partly 'stealing' your fine build thread with other Titanic subjects. I was so excited with the new wreck model. I have finished the recoloring today (worked at it most of the night) and will do some cutting this evening.
    I had actually thought that I would ONLY build Ralph Currell´s Titanic model and FINISH it before attempting anything else - but there I go again, I´m so easily distracted by new projects . . .
    I mentioned, by the way, that I was thinking about adding some more detail to the simple wreck model - but that was before I saw this Dutch wreck model by Ruud Katz over on Kartonbau.de: http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=10635&hilight=Titanic
    How about that? That´s what I call detailing . . . You can even see the big engines standing on the bottom of the Atlantic in the stern section or the five aft boilers, partly hidden in the bow section. My, oh my!

I will quickly put this simple wreck model together and go back to the small and beautiful Currell model . . .

17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hola Gerardo, compadre mio,

Pardon me for partly 'stealing' your fine build thread with other Titanic subjects. I was so excited with the new wreck model. I have finished the recoloring today (worked at it most of the night) and will do some cutting this evening.
    I had actually thought that I would ONLY build Ralph Currell´s Titanic model and FINISH it before attempting anything else - but there I go again, I´m so easily distracted by new projects . . .
    I mentioned, by the way, that I was thinking about adding some more detail to the simple wreck model - but that was before I saw this Dutch wreck model by Ruud Katz over on Kartonbau.de: http://www.kartonbau.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=10635&hilight=Titanic
    How about that? That´s what I call detailing . . . You can even see the big engines standing on the bottom of the Atlantic in the stern section or the five aft boilers, partly hidden in the bow section. My, oh my!

I will quickly put this simple wreck model together and go back to the small and beautiful Currell model . . .

18. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Don't worry, Bengt. Glad you are still on the "same ship".

Welcome all comments on Titanic.
  19. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Don't worry, Bengt. Glad you are still on the "same ship".

Welcome all comments on Titanic.
  20. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Titanic Model by Ralph Currell

Thanks, Gerardo,

I´ll try to stay 'on board' for at least a week . . .
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

all the best,