New Soda Ash Facility (2 pics)

Just sharing...

IM000038.jpg

I totally botched the paint job the first time around, so these images show the repaint job.
IM000037.jpg

doctorwayne

That looks great, Kyle. When I first saw your innovative use of material for those smokestacks, I had a feeling that this project would turn out well. Where did you get those nice fat letters for the sign? How tall are they? I've been looking for something like that for the sign for my Dunnville Station.

Wayne

N

nachoman

Mind selling off some of that soda ash? My dad has a swimming pool that is too acidic!

Kevin

PS- that building has character!

Hi Wayne and all,

Thanks for the kind words. Those letters are about 16 feet tall in HO scale. Click on the photo to see how I used them in context on top of this structure.

They are actually made of some ceramics. They are used to educate young, tactile learners the alphabet. I found them a few years ago and they looked to be rather antique to begin with. I doubt you could get them but I will get the makers name when I get home.

I have quite a few and if you'd like to PM/email me I with your address I could mail you some.... IF you include a post of how you put them to use.bounce7

CHEERS!

doctorwayne

Thanks for the offer, Kyle, but I hadn't realised that they were that large. I need to put the station name on the platform canopy, but 6' or so would be big enough. You've given me a good idea of where to look for them, though. :wink:
Here's the spot I need 'em for, although it's difficult to even see the canopy on the grey building in the background - it's almost dead-centre in the photo:
100_54371.JPG

Wayne