New rolling stock

spitfire

Just picked up this little beauty at the LHS this afternoon along with a coach and another sleeper.

cheers
:p Val

Attachments

• pass.jpg
    pass.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 83

spitfire

Well, Terry, that's the thing - I don't know who made them. I bought them from the used case, and there are no markings on the underside to indicate the manufacturer.
They do have McHenry couplers (on the trucks), but probably added later. There are also glue marks showing some other couplers were once attached to the car itself - a box-type which could be Kadee or perhaps Athearn.

cheers
:D Val

Clerk

Val. I have been looking for 6 of those to hook up behind my Northern stean engine. Haven't been able to find any at a good price.

spitfire

Well, I think they're Athearns. Found this pic on the Walthers site.

Clerk, they're only $12 apiece at Walthers. Check it out!

cheers

Attachments

• 01400000007812.gif
    01400000007812.gif
    71.6 KB · Views: 77

K.V.Div

Back in my HO days, I had 2 x four car sets of Rivarossi Heavyweights and none of them had the same window arrangement as this car.
Also, the Athern cars are 70 scale feet in length and this peice looks to be somewhat longer.
Another possibility is that they could be Bachmann Spectrum, but, as I have only seen them occasionally, I can't say for sure.
Maybe another member can give us some more info:).

Happy Modeling and Cheers!

Terry

Clerk

Val. I can't find any in N scale on the Walthers web site or in the cataloge I just received the other day..
In the Walthers Web Site it shows Tamar Industries cars but no photos.

K.V.Div

I can't find any in N scale on the Walthers web site or in the cataloge I just received the other day..
In the Walthers Web Site it shows Tamar Industries cars but no photos

Dick,

Val's new passenger equipment is HO Scale.
If you are looking for heavyweights in N Scale, about the only thing available is made by Model Power, which does offer them in an undec version.
I have 4 of them and have found that with a little bit of faith, care, paitence, T.L.C. and Teeth Grinding Determination that they can be brought up to a standard that allows them to complement my fleet of Rivarossi heavyweights, which, sadly, are sold out at this time.
As for Tamar Industries, I beleive that they only make passenger car accesories such as lighted drumdeads, end of train devices and lamps.

Cheers!

Terry

spitfire

Oh sorry Clerk, I forgot you were an N-guy! Did you do a search for Tamar Ind? Maybe they have some pix on their website.

BTW do you ever wonder how these companies expect to sell their products without even a photo. I sure wouldn't. It's bad enough I don't get to touch it, but I'm sure not buying something I haven't even seen! LOL!

cheers