New Rolling Stock

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Got my first N scale rolling stock kits put together recently.

First project was a Red Caboose coil car kit, painted for Grand Trunk Western. That's illustrated here.

Attachments

• coilcar.jpg
    coilcar.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 137

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
And here's the second car, an Intermountain covered hopper kit.

They were a lot of fun to complete and I'm looking forward to doing more! :D

Attachments

• cvdhopper.jpg
    cvdhopper.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 136

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
P.S. - Notice the giant sleeping in the background. That's the current HO project. Details later. :D;) :p :cool:

Nice looking coil car Brian. I have a few of those that I bought as some-assembly-required (Red Caboose calls it RTR Ha!) I also tried a kit coil car and could not get the walkway to fit. I found that snapping it into 4 or 5 pieces got it to fit right, but then I couldn't get it glued back together.:mad: So, that particular car is either meant to be unloaded by fellows with very long legs or by crane. (I've also found that one of my turnouts doesn't want to snap open all the way anymore, causing about 15 cars to derail and topple over. I suppose that counts as another method of unloading cars! :) )

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
turnouts:

BDC:
are your turouts Peco, by any chance? Peco have a little contact at the points that is supposed to go under the stock rail, but sometimes gets bent up (no one knows how) and hits the stock rail and prvents the points from going all the way over. Solution requires small screwdrivers, small pliers, tweezers, ...
Brian: neat work on that fugitve from the girl's train.:D

David,
I'm running on Kato Unitrak right now. That turnout is my oldest with about 2 years use on it. I keep meaning to fix it or replace it, but I never get around to it.

I do have some Pecos sitting in the box waiting for my lazy behind to go out and buy the foam so I can start a permanent layout.