New Project teaser

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cecil_severs, Aug 9, 2005.

1. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

I've decided to try a new build project to see if I can actually finish something by a deadline. Here's a couple of pics of the start of this build. If successful it will be entered in the current Paper Warbirds contest and at the September AMS meeting.

Any guesses as to it's identity?

Cecil
  2. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

I've decided to try a new build project to see if I can actually finish something by a deadline. Here's a couple of pics of the start of this build. If successful it will be entered in the current Paper Warbirds contest and at the September AMS meeting.

Any guesses as to it's identity?

Cecil
  3. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Cecil,

Dont get me wrong, but............. and I know this isnt the completed model, but if you read the rules of the warbirds competition, i dont think the entries are sposed to be posted on sites other than the warbird site.
    Just didnt want ya disqualified before ya got entered.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Cecil,

Dont get me wrong, but............. and I know this isnt the completed model, but if you read the rules of the warbirds competition, i dont think the entries are sposed to be posted on sites other than the warbird site.
    Just didnt want ya disqualified before ya got entered.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Yeah, that was my reading of that particular rule as well....I can understand not wanting you to enter something that was already part of another contest, but I don't get the point about "publishing" on another site, maybe someone can explain the reason behind it to me sometime.... :roll:

Great start, Cecil! I would love to see more as you go along, but I also don't want you to lose out on using this plane as an entry in the contest, so I'll just wait for it to end and maybe you can show us the process shots at that time.

Cheers!

Jim
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Yeah, that was my reading of that particular rule as well....I can understand not wanting you to enter something that was already part of another contest, but I don't get the point about "publishing" on another site, maybe someone can explain the reason behind it to me sometime.... :roll:

Great start, Cecil! I would love to see more as you go along, but I also don't want you to lose out on using this plane as an entry in the contest, so I'll just wait for it to end and maybe you can show us the process shots at that time.

Cheers!

Jim
  7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Me two. I was going to enter my P-51 but I guess that was nixed. I was working on a F6F-3 Hellcat. But I am having some health issues that has stopped my construction again. I am not going to make it by the september deadline. I whish they would have givien us more time. But Cecil, great start.
  8. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Me two. I was going to enter my P-51 but I guess that was nixed. I was working on a F6F-3 Hellcat. But I am having some health issues that has stopped my construction again. I am not going to make it by the september deadline. I whish they would have givien us more time. But Cecil, great start.
  9. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Ooops! I guess. Oh well I have another model which has not been seen elsewhere that I could probably enter for the Paper Warbirds thing.

I guess I'm really more interested in seeing how the IPMS folks in Albuquerque like it. Especially seeing as how the 2007 IPMS convention will feature paper model categories. And since AMS will host a regional meet in 06 called "Chile Con".
    If I could convince them to have paper model categories for Chile Con would we get any entries other than my own? BTW it's May 5-6 in Albuquerque New Mexico.

And finally any guesses as to what model this is before I post the giveaway pic?

Cecil
  10. cecil_severs

cecil_severs Member

Ooops! I guess. Oh well I have another model which has not been seen elsewhere that I could probably enter for the Paper Warbirds thing.

I guess I'm really more interested in seeing how the IPMS folks in Albuquerque like it. Especially seeing as how the 2007 IPMS convention will feature paper model categories. And since AMS will host a regional meet in 06 called "Chile Con".
    If I could convince them to have paper model categories for Chile Con would we get any entries other than my own? BTW it's May 5-6 in Albuquerque New Mexico.

And finally any guesses as to what model this is before I post the giveaway pic?

Cecil