New product section?

I asked if it was apropriate in the N-Scale forum to post new products for N-Scale and it was said that all commercial postings are prohibited.

I would like to find out if a New product section in this forum for vendors and manufacturers such as myself would be needed.

I do not have a big budget to advertise in magazines or to travel the world for train shows. I rely on mailing lists, forums, usenet as well as directories to get my products known.

I believe that this forum has a nice knowledge base and being able to reach manufacturers such as I in a forum venue can be an asset.

Please don't thank me for bringing about something that if you had read the deleted posts you'd know i was against, that just shows arrogance.
I was advised of the changes by a third party, & decided to see if my request to have my details deleted from the board, had been carried out. The fact that i'm writing this shows, that request hadn't been read before deletion either.
I realize this post will only stay until admin presses a button, however i've said my piece.
Damien.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Jodam said:
Please don't thank me for bringing about something that if you had read the deleted posts you'd know i was against, that just shows arrogance.
I was advised of the changes by a third party, & decided to see if my request to have my details deleted from the board, had been carried out. The fact that i'm writing this shows, that request hadn't been read before deletion either.
I realize this post will only stay until admin presses a button, however i've said my piece.
Damien.

As I said before & will say again. We read every post! Your posts were taken into consideration, however you happened to be in the minority this time. More members wanted this than those who didn't.

As for your request for the deletion of your account - I read it and Purposly Ignored it! I would never delete a members info simply because of a single opinion stated on the boards. And further - (Again) the posts were only deleted to keep things simple. (Tidy) I realize that it's unheard of, that a Board uses both negaitve & positive inputs, but that's exactly what we do here - we use all input for the betterment of the overall board.

You have 115 posts here - you have inputed good ideas to The gauge, we would hate to lose you - As of now, your account stays open, weather you use it - or "lose it" is Your decision alone!

Hope to hear from you soon :) :) :)

~~ Mikey (Administrator)