New plan - opinions?

Seaboard

Dec 14, 2006
Conyers GA.
Your layout plans look alot better than mine Trainut, and looks alot more sophisticated when you look at it. More fun at least. I still love that mountain tunnel scene you did, It looks awesome!:thumb:

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
Well it sure looks good!:thumb: Is the plan for what we see in the photos? Where is the roundhouse( notice that I did not misspell roundhouse)as before? Keep up the good work and post your progress as you move forward.
In your (before the last plan), I could not see where the reverse loop was, with the updated plan and photos it is clear now!

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
I see, on your layout Amtrak is doing an excursion to the local mine, cool.... How much are the tickits??

Great design by the way, can't wait to see it in a more complete form.....

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Well, I must thank you all for the fine comments.
Woodone - yes the plan is for the layout in the pictures. I originally removed the roundhouse from the plan but due to popular demand, I have revisited that idea and it has kind of grown on me so I put it back on the last shown plan.
Jesso - Once I did the barest minimum I could to the bridges, work on the canyon pretty much came to a halt. I was not sure what to do next and so I moved to the left end instead. I'm glad I did because now that I am going to add in another 3' just south of the canyon, things will change ever so slightly.
MadHatter - the Amtrak excursion up to the mine was a "spur" of the moment trip. There was a group of backpackers that came into town at the last moment and some fine young engineer jumped at the chance to pull a single coach up the old roadbed for a weekend campout.

Hey guys, I have a newer and more complete thread on this layout here...
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=22333
Hopefully that will lessen some of the confusion. Comments are always welcome! Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.