New Photos of Deere Valley & Western

up_santafe

Dec 15, 2004
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well, since I did a bunch of detail work recently and have the layout 99.9% complete, I thought I would take a ton of photos. Especially since the layout will likely be scrapped in the not too distant future.
icon_smile_sad.gif

I was planning on demolition this spring, but the time involved for saving $$ for the Kato Unitrack is taking longer than anticipated. So the current DV&W will survive a bit longer. (Which is OK, I am busy revising the track plan anyhow.)

If anyone is interested, the photos I added are in the 2 Deere Valley & Western Railroad albums at my Webshots site. Just click on the link in my signature.
47b5dd00b3127cce909dfd91ce9d00000016108AYuHDZm3YuD

up_santafe

Dec 15, 2004
Wisconsin Northwoods
Ron,

The telegraph wires are made of Rayon Embroidery Thread. I tried regular cotton thread and a metallic thread, but both were too "out of scale" and didn't sag well.

The Embroidery thread worked well as it will sag on its own after about a week or so. I also tried black and brown, but they blended into the background too well for my taste.

It took a good 30 or 40 hours to install them all. Used almost a whole spool of thread and a lot of CA, as each insulator has to have a tiny drop to hold the wires in place.

Ray