New Orlik release

popala

Aug 27, 2004
Arkansas
www.strangeplace.com
Golden Bear said:
I went back to the P-40 kit to see whether I should build it to see if popola's opinion is valid. The picture below will demonstrate why I doubt that I'll build the kit. In addition to the color misregistration the colors don't match between sheets.
You're right about colors: in the P-40N construction report from Konradus, someone commented on the poor print and color quality, and the author responded that his copy does not have any visible coloring problems... :cry: On the other hand here is this TS-11 Iskra construction report and the model looks very, very good. I take back whatever opinion I had and I'm taking a position of not having an opinion until I have the model in my hands.

R

rickstef

Who.... what...huh?

Peter, for shame, you know that everyone has to finish the models they are working on currently.

I'll give an impression, but the build will have to wait

Rick

R

rickstef

Hey all,

I got my order from Krys today.

and flipping through the kit, the first image strikes me as interesting

it is a picture of the Water Bomber mentioned on a another thread.
the CL 215
ESAG006W.jpg

Rick

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Goldenbear... for me the Orlik mis-registered model would be a pain in the butt initially but like my purchased hardcopy models. I always scan them at 300DPI and print them on the nearest type cardstock (well so far my KV2 which remains uncut but uneditted in rastor form).

With the models in digital form I can either add detail or fix mistakes in the model which is why I like my purchased/freebee online models which are already in digital format.

If I ever get ahold of this kit on Ebay... I'll let you know and send you the digital fixes seeing that you did buy a kit that unfortunately cannot work with. A good example of fixing poor or damaged kits in the old PT-76 from MalyModelarz... I know why it was auctioned cheap =\. Anyhow ... the paper's nap was so beaten that it was damn close to irish linen :lol: I just scanned and instead of photoshopping it ... traced over it in vectors and made it crisper and cleaner. Then with the help of the net searched for some details to add which were missing on the mode thereby making it better in quality than the original ever was (my opinion). Now that I am a bit more savvy in the 2D department... I will go back and improve on it.

So if your avoiding a model because of misregistration don't toss it. There is bound to be someone hopefully anal as myself who scans and corrects existing models.

I want to build that P40 someday so your not totally out of luck on that purchase.