new on son's hospital stay

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That has to be a big relief for you all. You know you all have our support and prayers for a fast and complete recovery. Like Mikey says, that is a lot for a young 'un to go through.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys he is doing much better now they hope to get him off the vent this week and started on his feedings bye next week if things go good he should be home bye the end of the month. well back up to his room i'll keep you all posted

:)

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Scooby,

Have just been given a grandson, I can only hope & pray your son comes out of this in good health. My best wishes & prayers for you & your family.

Gus (LC&P).

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I have posted a prayer request for him on my forum and am asking also the same for my pastor.
You all are a fairly civil crowd so I dont mind asking a favor.

My friend and pastor needs a heart transplant and prayer.

Could you or some of you leave a note of encouragement for him?

I would count it a personal favor. I am sure he will here of it.

log on to :http://bubbagilsplace.proboards60.com/index.cgi?board=god&action=display&thread=1131565834

Look in the sub forum for the prayer request for Scoobyloven's boy also.
http://bubbagilsplace.proboards60.com/index.cgi?board=god&action=display&thread=1130864007

ls1gto

Sep 24, 2005
Scooby, I'm fairly new here but I just saw this thread. I thank the Lord that things are going better. I will continue to remember your family in prayer.
Godspeed!

who_dat73

Jan 18, 2005
Minnesota
Prayers

Lord your healing hand has touched this boy. I ask that your mighty hand suround him and his family that you would guide the doctors and nurses to cure him and bring him to a full recovery and that to you be the glory for this mighty miracle of healing and recovery.
Thanks be to God
Mike

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys it has been busy here my son is still in p i c u he is on heliox it is a mix of 80% helioum and 20%oxygen they are telling us he is going to be their for a while in the unit . he is doing better but his breathing is tuch and go. they went to see if it would get better on it's own. they are haveing some more surgens come in this week to look at his air way their is a risk of him going back on the vent. or worse having a trake put in well see what they say. this haven't been his year. we hope he don't need any more done. but the dr's are calling him a very special boy going trough 2 surgery's in only 4 days one puting in a g tube and the other to save his life and remove 1/2 of his small intestine and getting what is called a ieostomy. and now they are talking about doing this to him :( well guys he is a fighter and he is getting better slowly.

well guys here is his care page from the hospital. it is updated when we are their are photos of him on their "but they are not easy to look at they are a tear bringer. you would need to sign up to view but you all are welcome to view and be updated. you will be emailed everytime it is updated.
my son's care page

thank you all for your prayers

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
another round

well guys he changed agin yesterday they had to do another surgery on him they did an upper gi on tuseday and did another one to day and seen another blockage in his small intestine :cry: so they took him back in to the or around 6pm and opened him back up for the 3rd time in a month. the found scar tissue and removed it and he was out around 8pm. he is doing good now he is back on the vent and the heavy meds :cry: they hope to try to get him back off the vent on monday. and we hope this is the last surgery for a long time his poor body has gone through so much and he was doing so good then this. :( we don't konw how much more he has to go through befor he is better we hope this is it he need a long rest. we was way under after they brought him back to his room in p.i.c.u and was their for around 20 min befor they let us come in and when i came in and started to kiss his forehead while i was holding his hand he woke up and started to fight the vent so they put him back under and about 20 min later he did it agin with me kissing his forhead. so my wife told me to leave his forehead alone you are making him fight the vent. it is funny i talk to him and he gets all crazy so i have to be like a mouse in the room for now he needs the rest. they are saying if he comes home before the 1st of the year that would be great but they don't know after all of this when he will be home. :( i gess ho ho has to vist the hospital . but he is strong and he knows he is loved buy veryone. well guys big day tomarrow i need to sleep i'll keep you all posted as thing unfold ........ :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We're pulling for you all Scoob... Hang in there, it looks like they're doing all they can, let's hope they got it all and there'll be no need for more, and there will be a fast and complete recovery this time.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys he is still in the hospital and doing well they started feeding agin and he is up to 7ml an hour. we had a b-day party up their for him on tuseday he turned 4 he got alot of cards and gifts and we had a cake that feed around 60 people for us and the staff their. he did show a smile for the frist time in a long time. we have a meeting next week with all the dr's and we hope to find out when he could come home. they have painted a christmas tree on his door and on of the nurses told the guy i was going to do somthing so he left the paints and i finshed it off his door looks like the fish tank from finding nemo but with a chistmas tree and it has all the tank gang. we hope he come home for cristmas my mom and dad went and got him a 75 gal salt water tank with the tank gang. and we set it up in his room.

well guys i'll keep you all posted on whats going on