New/Old forum member

nhguy

May 14, 2003
Sugar City,Colorado
rides.webshots.com
Hello, I'm Bill Shanaman from Sugar City, Colorado. About 2 computer upgrades ago I was a member here. (2003) I found my way back today. I had forgotten I was a member of this forum after my first computer crash from a virus (late 2003). I saw this forum mentioned on another forum. It rang a bell! SO for grins I came over and tried a log on. It worked!! :thumb: :D

I model the New Haven Railroad from about 1949-1953 in HO scale. I am building a 26' x 35' double deck around the walls, walk in layout in the basement of my home. I use a NCE Power Pro 5 amp DCC system as my operating system. I have 2/3's of the upper layout built and most of the benchwork in for the rest. I had my first operation session on 12-17-06.

My levels will be connected by a 5 turn, 2 track helix at 1.99% grade.

I model the Hartford Division of the New Haven Railroad. The double track main line from Hartford, CT south to New Haven and the Valley branch line (where I grew up) from Hartford south to Old Saybrook, CT is what I'm building. Most of the Upper Valley branch is in and operational. Lots of switching for the local crews.

I do have some photos if you would like to see them. No scenery in yet. Are they posted the same as over on the Atlas forum?

Bill Shanaman
Sugar City, CO

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Quite a few image viewer/editor programs out there allow you to resize a photo and shrink its data compression..

I use Adobe Photoshop and it does that very easily. Resize a photo down to 640x480 resolution, and compress the file down to below 70K and it should be uploadable to the forum. Some other programs should be able to do this as well.

Anyway, tangentially, I think the nicest-looking locomotive here in the New York City area these days would be the P32AC-DMs painted up in the New Haven colors running on the Metro North. :cool: Hopefully by sometime next year I'll have one kitbashed in HO.

Welcome!