new modeler

CSXFan

Hi all, I'm a 20 year old college student who has just gotten back into the hobby after a hiatus of about 5 yrs. I started in HO,but since i now reside in a college dorm I've switched to N scale. Right now I'm working on a 2' by 4' layout set on my modern era freelanced Ohio Western (OW) railroad. While I'm not a good enough modeler to try my hand at painting a locomotive in OW colors, I am about to make my first attempt at painting an undecorated covered hopper. Any sugestions would be appreciated. And another thing, does anyone here model CSX?

billk

Welcome to the Gauge! As far as your question, if you have haven't come with a color and design scheme yet, pick a single overall color, and look at what's available for decal or dry transfers as far as lettering and striping. It shouldn't be too hard too come up with something that's good looking and unique.

Drew1125

Hi CSXfan!
Welcome to The Gauge!
I'm kind of a newbie too when it comes to painting equipment.
My advice to you would be not to make your 1st attempt on a brand new expensive kit, but, if possible, find an old junky car or loco to practice on.