New ModelArt kit - 1/32 israeli air force, P-51 Mustang

M

ml5716111

Hi everyone,

A new kit by ModelArt is available. It's a 1/32 Israeli air force P-51 Mustang. Painted in gray, has a detailed cockpit and a choice of two fuel tanks or two bombs. I'll have picture of the assembled kit sometime later.
http://www.papermodels.co.il and click on the catalog link that on the left side of the screen.

Thank you,
Moshe Lemer, ML Card Models

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Dustin,

I might have to disappoint you on the thread........besides my skills not being good enough yet to do a building thread, I've recently (last night) jig-sawed the tip of one of my fingers. It is not bad but very inconvenient because it is at the very tip and I keep bumping it! Typing is a booger also. Guess I should have chosen another profession other than computers!

I've printed out the Mustang and it looks very good. I will probably do a test build and not detail it very much just to get use to the model. If it turns out pretty I'll post some pictures. This way I can give it away to a co-workers kid.

I've always loved this plane.........I guess like everyone else, and I really would like to do a good build of this model..........so I guess only time will tell.

john

bfam4t6

Jun 28, 2004
Olathe, Kansas
John,
Don't be shy about sharing your work. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to see it.

As far as the finger problem goes.....ouch! I pulled a similar move a little over a week ago. I work at Panera Bread and therefore occasionally have to slice bread and bagels.........and my middle finger for customers :lol: . The phone rang as I was slicing through a bagel with a nice sharp bread knife that we have sharpened weekly. I looked up to make sure a manager was around to grab it and WHOOPS! :evil::eek:ops: Of course I am a male and therefore bandages make me look whimpy:lol:, but it was sqirting blood pretty good so I had to suck it up and cover my wound. It was doubly bad for me because I play the cello and I cut with my right hand; therefore, the recieving hand was my left hand....the hand the holds down the strings on the cell :lol: My other cutting myself incident happened when I was about 6 or 7 and was building my first balsa wood model. I was cutting out the pieces with and exacto and when it came time to scrape the dried glue off of the top of the elmers glue bottle my knife hand slipped and cut clean through my left hand. I'll have to share my neat looking scar with you guys some time.

Anyways, there are a few of my hand slicing incidents.

R

RyanShort1

bfam4t6 said:
John,
Don't be shy about sharing your work. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would love to see it.

I would like to see it for sure!

bfam4t6 said:
It was doubly bad for me because I play the cello and I cut with my right hand; therefore, the recieving hand was my left hand....the hand the holds down the strings on the cello.

Nice, another strings player here, even if it is the cello :shock: :roll: ... J/K :lol: I play the violin. :wink:

Ryan

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Well I'll just have to see................your are right I am my own worst critic!

And I'm jealous............. I have always wanted to play either of those instruments..........but alas I am very musically challenged! I got the brains.......my sister got the music ability and the looks!!

Actually two different kits are listed. I would assume (always a dangerous thing that the two kits simply recolored versions. As these are from Dr. Zarkov I have to ask does Flash do the test builds? Or are the hordes of Ming the Mercilous holding Dale Arden prisonner on an outer moon of Mongo while Miong forces Zarkov to design these treats for his own personel delight and Princes Barin and Voltan along with the Hawkmen steal the plans for us poor pathetic Earthlings?

Sorry am I the only one here who just happens to think of Flash Gordon whenever the good Doctor gets mentioned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
NO......................... Everytime I see his work that flashes (pun intended) through my mind also.

Not sure about the two kits listed...........I got the Mustang and after barry's build of the OV-10 Bronco I had to get a copy of that too!

I plan on trying the Mustang out first.

On the Flash thing............... my version that goes through my mind................ is in black & white and the spaceships have strings attached, and smoke coming out the back!

But I do like the newer version with Queen playing the songs and James Bond as the Prince.

john

bfam4t6

Jun 28, 2004
Olathe, Kansas
*off topic sorry* :lol:

Wow, I wonder how many other musicians we have lurking in the forums. Yes, Ryan I have been playing the cello since 4th grade, and I will be a junior in high school next year (11th grade). I had a great orchestra teacher 4th-6th grade and he really got me hooked. To tell it all would be a long story, but basically the guy was a professional bass player, and he was also an orchestra teacher. He had his own jazz band and made some extra money on the side. With this extra money he kept buying Corvettes. He'd buy one. A little over a year later he would sell it and upgrade to a slightly better ZR-1. Then upgrade to a '95 ZR-1. But here comes the best part, the guy built planes! He had a warehouse type building next to his house which was in the country, and he had several gliders, along with a biplane that he was building from scratch. He had another Wacco (sp?) that was flyable that he kept in a nearby hanger. It was the coolest thing when I got to see the metal skeleton of a plane in 1:1 scale!! Not 1:48 or 1:33......1:1. Better yet, after he bought his latest Corvette, a 2001 yellow bodied and white topped convertable, I got to go for a ride in it. Beside the fact that the car has a little HUD deal on the windsheild, the coolest part about it is that it was a custom order; yello bodies normally come with a black or tan top. He paid extra and got the ONLY 2001 yellow and white corvette in the world! And no, I am not bsing you. He didn't believe it either when Chevy first contacted him and he called back the next day to verify and sure enough.......1 yellow and white 2001 corvette in the world......his!

So yeah are there any other musicians among us :lol:

gera

Jun 4, 2004
Panama
www.papermodelspanama.com
Flew the P-51D for a little less than two years. Great plane, gave me more than one scare!!!!!!!.

I have built over 20 models of it (UGH!!!!!), no more. So I hope someone starts a thread to follow it from back here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

...........Also glad to say HI to all you guys,,,,,,No paper models for me for the rest of the year!!!!!!!.....I desided to finish at least 3 1:48 scale SOLID WOOD and (paper) models I have been wanting to do for many years.....
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)...

Am reading here everyday........Have a great Build.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Well guys............. here's the start!

The kit printed out great and there are good picture instructions. The only problem so far is with me.

This first build will be wheels up, paper canopy, no cockpit...................sorry.

That's the way I start out......just to get the "feel" of a kit. If I like it and like the looks of the first build then I'll think about doing a more detailed build.

First impressions of this kit.............there will more than likely be a detailed build!

Oh and Gera............ you have to post pictures of your wood builds. I for one, want to see them! PLEASE!!!

john

When I refered to the 2 versions of the Mustang I had gone to the Cardmodels site

http://www.card-models.com/

and assumed (there I go again making an ass out of u and me) the two P-51s there were the ones in question. I've got several of the good Dr's kits and they are top flight. Well thought out and if you do things right they come out great. But then again I can screw anything up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
You are right mark. Just went and looked myself. The one I'm working on is in IAF markings. I just might have to get one of the others to do my detailed build.

Thanks for the site................I changed hard drives and lost his site address.

dwgannon

Feb 6, 2004
Hoffman Estates,IL
Mark,
I just bought the P-51 D MUSTANG 375 FS. After looking at the model and knowing Dr. Z's work, I found something interesting. If you zoom in on the Aircraft Registration you will notice the U.S. Army P-51D-20NA Serial Number AAF 44-72199 but the tail indicates it 44-13619. Now I would like some help here. I can not find any info about 44-13619 but I did find some on 44-72199. I can not find any good pictures of what the bottom looked like. I would like to try at some later point in time, to get the graphics and the nose art for 44-72199. I might have to order the decal sheet but that's okay. I am just starting my research. I still have the B-2 to complete and then the B-52 and the B-1. But if any one has any info they would like to share please do. But this might be a good candidate for a re-paint.

bfam4t6

Jun 28, 2004
Olathe, Kansas
Nah, I agree with you John. The plane is coming together very well. Can you build the model with detached rudder and elevators if you build it with all of the details?

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
I sure you could. As you can see it is all one piece. But as with any model the details are up to the builder..............and his skill. I'm still working on the later!!

The print-out is very detailed and I really think this model could make a wonderful addition to anyone's "hanger".

Thanks for the encouragement!