New Member's weathered car's

hummerdaves

Aug 5, 2005
Well we had some sun lite and here are the final's. This type of weathering is relativly easy. Gouache is a Acrylic water-base paste and is easily applied with a brusch or sponge. It mixes nice and once your are done you just seal it with a flat clear acrylic paint or Dull-cote.
thumbsup.gif

DSCF0712.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0705.jpg

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Do you have a weathering class I can sign up for? lol. I once again tried weathering but I'm still not happy with the results. I would have to say my weathering comes out better than the rest of the guys in the club but Still no where near as good looking. I have two of those Atlas 60' auto parts cars one is UP in bright yellow that still looks bright yellow and a blue and white GT car. It turned out ok but the UP yellow just doesn't mix with weathering. Maybe I'm using the wrong paints to begain with. Know where I can purchase the chalks and paints at a decent price?

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
The silver(might be white) on the brakeline fittings is a nice touch for otherwise camoflaged details. Same with the hand brake chain.

This is some really beautiful work. Nice going.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
KCS said:
Do you have a weathering class I can sign up for? lol. I once again tried weathering but I'm still not happy with the results. I would have to say my weathering comes out better than the rest of the guys in the club but Still no where near as good looking. I have two of those Atlas 60' auto parts cars one is UP in bright yellow that still looks bright yellow and a blue and white GT car. It turned out ok but the UP yellow just doesn't mix with weathering. Maybe I'm using the wrong paints to begain with. Know where I can purchase the chalks and paints at a decent price?

Charles,

Light coloured cars are hard to weather, in part because we always assume that weathered means dirty, grimy, blackened. To weather your lighter (yellow, white, pink, light blue, etc) cars, start with similar colours to fade and dull the original finish. Then go easy on the dirt, using tans and beiges, instead of browns or blacks.

Andrew

hummerdaves

Aug 5, 2005
Alway's use a flat clear such as Dull-cote or clear acrylic Polly scale or Model master's, This give's you medium a surface to bite on and stick to.

hummerdaves

Aug 5, 2005
MCD4x4 The taggin was done with ODD BALL'S & SGS Decal's, I did'nt use any type of marker's on these car's.
thumbsup.gif

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Hummer, what kind of camera are you taking these pictures with and how much did it cost? Your pictures came out great compaired to mine. I have some of the weathering projects now posted under the "east bound crushs west bound" thread. Lot's of pictures there.

hummerdaves

Aug 5, 2005
Thank's KCS - The camera I have is a FUJIFILM FinePix A340, it was 140$ at
Best-Buy. It took me forever to get the picture's right and I still manage to mess a few up. I must have read the instruction's 100x's, Lighting is the main thing.
Let me know if I can help with anymore question's.
thumbsup.gif