gloosbrock

Nov 16, 2011
Thank you for the welcome from "ekuth"! My son and I opened a train store in Overland Park, KS. One reason I joined the forum was to promote the Mid America Train & Toy show for enthusiasts in our geographical area (KS, MO, IA, NE, O, AR). My son runs the store (he's the Fred in Fred's Train Shop) and we also set up at this show. He handles all scales of model trains, accessories, scenery products, etc. He also does repair and restoration work (and we are an authorized Lionel and MTH repair station). We may be announcing special events, manufactures specials, recent arrivals of vintage stock, etc. We are not set up as an internet shop, but more like an old fashioned hobby shop where customers can come in, hang out, get caught upon the latest products, etc.
Our information is as follows:
Fred's Train Shop
7327 W. 80th St.,
Overland Park, KS 66204
913-383-3500
http://www.fredstrainshop.com
info@fredstrainshop.com
Fred's Train Shop celebrated our one year anniversary on Saturday, June 11, 2011.
We carry a full line of model electric trains (Z, N, HO, S, TT, O & G scale), track and accessories - new, used and vintage. In addition we stock scenery supplies, paint, tools,etc. for model train layouts as well as model railroad books, magazines and railroad memorabilia of all types.
We are an authorized Lionel, MTH and Marklin Dealer and carry such brands as Lionel, MTH, Williams, Atlas (O & HO Scale), Athearn, Atlas, Bachman (N, HO & G Scale), Marklin (HO & Z Scale), Micro-trains (N & Z Scale) American Flyer, S-Helper (S Scale), LGB, Pico (G & HO Scale), Arttista, Busch, Faller, Noch, Woodland Scenics, Scenic Express, etc.
We offer repair service for new & vintage trains in all scale Z through G (We are both a Lionel and MTH authorized repair station).
Store Hours:
Tues.-Fri. 10am-6pm
Sat. 9am-5pm
Sun.-Mon. CLOSED

Also you can see some of the work that Fred does at his other site: http://www.mini-things.com. He worked building custom layouts for 15 years before we opened the store.