SunshineCoast53

Hello all.

I'm 58 and live on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, though originally from Canada as of 14 years ago now. It's actually been that long since I've been back into MRR'ing as I of course could not bring my 4' x 8' layout with me.

Now I'm getting back into it, as I'm now in a somewhat semi-retired state. I'm planning a layout (N-scale) that loosley depicts some of the lovely scenery in our Canadian Rockies, particularly the British Columbia area and Thompson River.

(If you are ever in Vancouver, visit the train museum in Granville (?) - it shows a marvelous HO layout of what I have in mind.)

My train room is roughly 3m x 7m, and I'll be using up to about 4m of that length.

My layout in Canada, by the way, was my first real effort and followed a plan from Kalmbach's Nine N-Scale Layouts book. I was pleased with it, but now want to devote more time and care to this newer layout, and will feature predominantly Cdn Pacific engines & stock, in honour of my brother (still in Toronto) who worked for CP for almost 35 years before being made redundant.

I did have an old Lionel 3-rail set when much younger, but vaguely remember muc h more than the layout set up on the floor and taken down after each "play".

Hopefully, I'll post pictures up as the build goes on, and hope to glean as much as I can from fellow hobbyists.

Thanks for listening!

Dave

silveroxide

Welcome aboard. Of all the paper-modeling sites, this one has a good section for railroading. here are many ideas foe layouts and terrain builds. Enjoy, post some pictures of your construction and see you around the forums.

Z

Zathros

Welcome to the forum! I happen to enjoy N-Scale too, though it has been far too long since I have set up a track. Hope to see your work and please post many pictures!!