Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ESE999, Mar 8, 2007.

1. ESE999

ESE999 Member

I just wanted to say Hi and let everyone know I'm here. I don't know why I didn't join a train forum earlier, I've been into them for a decade (half my life)! I have trains in HO, O, and N. My O guage locomotive collection currently is:
    Lionel:
    Wabash Atlantic
    Great Northern RS3
    Alaska Railroad GP9
    K-Line:
    New York Central Pacific
    Illinois Central Gulf S2
    MTH
    Intercity Trolley
  2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi, Michael, welcome to The-Gauge! Multi-scalers rule!! Whereabouts is Spencerport?
  3. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome Micheal. Greetings from Western Montana.
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome Aboard!! :D :D
  5. ESE999

ESE999 Member

Spencerport is right outside rochester to the west, alng the erie canal and the old New York Central Line.
  6. rekline

rekline Member

Welcome Micheal,

Lots of good stuff on here to help. I grew up down the street from you in Chili near the old NYC line (was Conrail when I was a kid) now I think it is CSX and quite active the last time I was there.

Welcome again.
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

:wave: Hi Michael and welcome to the Gauge

Look forward to seing some pics, I model N and HO to :thumb: :thumb:

What roadnames do you model? Mine are CNW, UP, and BNSF
  8. ESE999

ESE999 Member

Where I'm living is rather limited in size, so modeling is also limited for the time being. In N-Scale, A transisition era Santa Fe section (generic, nothing specific) set in the prairie (keeps mountains to minimum, lol). In HO I have still to start a layout. When I do start one though, it'll probably be New York Central. The story is that, right before I moved to the small place I'm at now, I started HO, had a simple 4x8 in the basement with 2 loops and two trains made up almost entirely of life-like products. Then I had to move, so I thought I'd give N a try since the place is small. Then, after finishing highschool I had more money all of a sudden, so I decide to pick up O27/O gauge. That is currently in a put-away-when-done state, but I have quite a few buildings (I'm addicted to building kits LOL). My plans for 027 layout I plan to be as realistic as possible (as much as HO, N), but it won't be any specific line. However, I have been trying to find a set of Illinois Central 15" passenger cars. I have one coach already.
  9. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Hi and welcome aboard. I'm working with HO right now but after the @%#* snow goes away going to start a G scale garden layout and later this fall going to build an under the tree N scale table and maybe try my had at end/coffee table layouts also in N.

Rick
  10. ESE999

ESE999 Member

How bad is it up there? We've had one of the coldest days in March on record, and no sign of letting up. I hope it does soon, I'm going to New York in two weeks. People have suggested I do an N layout in a coffee table. Perhaps I should.
  11. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Welcome Michael! I have a friend who built an N scale coffee table layout. It turned out nicely but he finds he doesn't operate it much. I wonder if covering it with glass and putting it in the living room makes it more furniture than layout?
    Ralph
  12. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Welcome to the world's biggest online model train madho- I mean, Welcome to the Gauge!:D
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Hi there. Good decision on your part, lots to read here.