rod46

Hello Everyone:

My name is Rod, I'm a new member as of today. I live in Windsor, Ontario Canada with my wife and son. I am a HO fan. Nice to meet everyone.

Gary S.

Glad you finally got here! Hopefully you will find the Gauge to be as interesting and informative as I do.

slekjr

Hi Rod
I too am a new member as of yesterday. My name is Charlie.
I found the site yesterday and enjoyed what I read as a guest so thought I'd Join in.
I'm supervisor of a small short line in western Pa. (witch means I do most of the work too)
I have a group of volunteers that model mostly in HO scale, as I do, and they enjoy modeling in 12in=1 ft scale too. They are a great bunch. One of them also has a 15 in live steam rr on his property.
We operate an Alco S1 (7135) that Atlas has just released in its oridginal Army livery, and a chopped nose GP7.
I'm glad I found this group.
My wife and I also have a Samoyed dog named Taffy that helps out on the railroad too. He was the star of our Snowdog Express Christmas train this year.
Charlie (guess what else the kids call me)

Gary S.

Okay Charlie,

Now we need the full details of the shortline you work for. Maps, industries, equipment, facilities, interchanges....

rod46

Hi Charlie,
That sounds like a pretty ihteresting job. (ie. short line). I like to model GP7'S/ GP9'S with a high hood, steamers, and F7's; generally stuff that you won't find working anymore. I'm a history buff when it comes to railroading. Most of my locomotives are Athearn stock but I have a Proto2000 GP7 that I really like. Right now I model Canadian National but as space allows I'll probably model others or create my own shortline.

Nice meeting you, hope to hear from you again.
Rod

rod46

Hey Gil:

Nice to meet you. it's cold, very cold lately.
Wish I were in a warmer climate some days.

Talk to you soon.
Rod

slekjr

rod46 said:
Hi Charlie,
I like to model GP7'S/ GP9'S with a high hood, steamers, and F7's; generally stuff that you won't find working anymore.

I had the good fortune to get photos in Toronto in 1978. It was like going to a time warp as the FP-a's were still running along with F's and Geeps and early alco switchers. Used to go to Innisville to fish before railfan days. Did get some picts of the Canadian in Carlton Place in 1981 still with F's. All but a few were gone when we were back in 1987.

myltlpny

Well, as I just joined as well, this seems as good a place as any to introduce myself. My name is David. I consider myself a farily accomplished modeler. Most of the structures on my layout are craftsman kits. I like to superdetail my locomotives and custom paint my rolling stock whenever possible. I model modern BNSF from about 1995-2005 in the Pacific Northwest. That means I also get to run CN and BC rail. My current project is a car for car recreation of the Amtrak cascades. I have the cars and the Athearn 59PHI locos, and have to come up with a way to make the "bat ears" on the power car and baggage car. I am also waiting on a Novatech plastics Turbotrain that I won on eBay to arrive, which is a bit early for my layout, but I just love that train. Freight wise I like to run modern intermodal, lumber, and cylindrical grain cars. I have one train just for well cars and another for Spine cars. My layout is about 11 x 12 with an intermodal yard on one side. It runs on DCC, but it's one of the older systems. I hope to upgrade that to a new Digitrax system soon.