rowdygoudy

Oct 26, 2006
I just wanted to say Hello! I have been lurking in the background reading the new posts on a daily basis for quite some time. I have been away from the hobby for nearly thirty years. My daughter who is seven, has quite a fasination for model trains. She loves to run the throttle (We set up a loop of track on a table and use my old tyco and bachman stuff) or just look at pictures of different layouts. While I am currently without a layout, I have decided to turn my garage attic into a layout area. It was supposed to be a woodworking shop, but I realized that moving stuff between levels was going to be to much of a pain. Trains are much lighter to transport up and down stairs. I have lots of questions to which I know many of you will have helpful answers.

Thanks

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Welcome!

My 5 year old daughter also likes the trains (she drew my avatar picture (at left) that you will undoubtedly recognize as Thomas ;) :D

Also - fantastic rationalization on the attic space - you wouldn't want to hurt your back hauling heavy wood up and down those stairs...!

Fire away with the questions.

Andrew

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Welcome aboard!:D

You'll find this site to be an extremely valuable source of info and tips! Enjoy!:thumb: aussie

rowdygoudy

Oct 26, 2006
I wish to thank you all for the many welcomes. Now if I can just figure out the apropriate forum for my many varied questions.

soat204

Oct 25, 2006
Iowa
hey, well im a newbie too, well, to this place i mean. Also i wish you and your daughter the best with your layout. Im sure we all would like to know what you have in mind for your layout. And since were both new people, we can both learn together:D