New member, need help with HO track design

SteveD

Hey Cidchase, that looks great! Awesome way to utilise the cupboard space :thumb: I notice that there is only one track, is there a way that you can run two there?

Here is my first attempt at a bench layout for the other room, please tell me what you think and if it will work or not? Also is there a way to stage into the closet?

Cheers
Steve:D

Attachments

• railroadrooms1-1.jpg
    railroadrooms1-1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 102

SteveD

Here is the first room bench layout. Once again your opions are greatly appreciated and needed :thumb: . Is there any chance of a track design similar to the style of the Atlas Suoer Prestzel on any of my layouts or can you guys draw up something even better :D

:thumb:

Attachments

• railroadrooms2-2.jpg
    railroadrooms2-2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 100

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Steve,

My recommendation (it is only my opinion, so please take it or leave it as you see fit) is that before you try to put benchwork in that you get an idea of what you really want to do. In the case of the bottom picture, for example, the benchwork is really too deep to be able to reach the back reliably. You maximum unassisted reach should be about 24" (600mm) assuming benchwork at about 4 feet off the floor.

I like Cid's suggestion because he had given you a way to reach everything. You will have to include the illustrated loops if you do not want to cross the door and still have continuous running. They take a lot of real estate in such a small room.

Andrew

Russ Bellinis

With the design cidchase drew up you would have some room for industries off the lead into the closet yard. For the yard in the closet, you will need to have enough room to get between the closet wall, and the tracks in case you need to rerail something in there. If you try to use either of the benchwork designs that you came up with, you will have to provide for some access hatches to get to the back of the layout.

fsm1000

If the rooms are connected you can punch a hole in the wall, make a tunnel and get a divorce :D:D LOL

Welcome to our forum. :D
ANyhow, I recommend LOTS of reading. On my site I have links to tons of stuff for newbies. I know it sucks having to pay for every little piece of advice so i offer everything for free and try to scour the net for free info as well.

You can also follow along with Nazgul as he makes his layout on here as well.
He has a thread called 'don't laugh to hard it's my first time'.
I don't have the addy handy sorry. He is doing some great stuff and has some good ideas.

The library will help a lot as well. You don't need to spend your money to learn the basics anymore with the internet on. :)

Hope that helps :)

SteveD

Hello fsm1000 please to meet you. My mind is a blur now with so many differant layouts and combos to use. I like your site and your track, very well designed.

Can anyone make this layout fit into my first room 2700 x 3300 (cant post the pic for some reason). I really like to look of it, lots of continuous runnings and plenty of hills and a nice bridge. If someone could help that would be really great :thumb: Take the door off the cupboard and run some tracks in there

This layout
vbmenu_register("postmenu_225605", true);

Attachments

• pl16.jpg
    pl16.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 79