New member, fresh in from

Axiel

Jan 27, 2012
Great White North (Alberta)
Papermodelers.com - everyone there is talking about Zealot, so had to come and take a look. (Okay, not everyone - but it is sure mentioned alot :p)

Mostly interested in paper / card modeling after re-discovering some of my old Wrebbit built-art models. Currently working on finishing the Mercedes Benz 500K, then wanting to complete the Wrebbit Medieval clock as well. Really interested in paper clocks, and after looking around for a while, I think I may try my hand at designing and scratchbuilding one of my own.

Quick question about build threads - if I start one here, would it be poor form to post the same thread to another forum?

Looking forward to spending even more of my time watching the forums and getting to know the people here.

inky

Jun 24, 2011
Coast of S. Texas
Welcome to the dark side Axiel. Just kidding, this is a good forum too, great to have you here. Yes it is okay to post the same thread on both forums, not every one here goes to the other forum and vise versa.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1" to out forum. You have been greeted by two of our distinguished members, and I duly thank them both. Many of us do belong to both both not all and not all post the same things. It'd peaceful here and a lot of help is given if asked for. There's a different atmosphere here. I post a lot at PM.com. This is home for me though. So Welcome and don't worry about what you post where. We don't put PM down because there is no need to, and like wise they don't put us down, as there is no need to. Neither forum allows that.

I'd really like to see some pictures of the Wrebbit Medieval clock. I posted a place that had instructions for one of those. If I had one, I'd probably modify it so it would last a little longer. Hope to see you post pictures of it soon! :)

Axiel

Jan 27, 2012
Great White North (Alberta)
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'd really like to see some pictures of the Wrebbit Medieval clock. I posted a place that had instructions for one of those. If I had one, I'd probably modify it so it would last a little longer. Hope to see you post pictures of it soon! :)

Most certainly will do that - need to finish the 500K first, probably have about 2 weekends of building left on that one - but should have enough pics to try putting up a thread for it. Definitely been learning alot about some of the finer points of paper modeling from the vet's around here and PM, and incorporating what I pick up into building the car - (my first real paper model, not counting the 3D geometric shapes we did back in school).

I'm finding the pre-cut material to be very difficult to work with in terms of fit. When I originally started the model, I just followed the directions and put the pieces together as called for, but as building progressed, small inconsistencies became bigger when trying to fit other completed pieces together - so now when I'm building a piece I try to dryfit everything out to it's final destination to know how it interacts with the rest of the model.

Anyway - I'm rambling - I'll get some pictures together and put them up and see how it comes together.