New Locomotives

kf4jqd

Hello Everyone:

I have 2 new locmotives! One is a 2-8-0 steam and the other is a DL-109 Proto 1000. Both Rock Island, of course! I need better over head lighting, but I wont spend the money nor time. Because we will SOMEDAY be moving!:eek:

Andy

What do you think Shamus? Any ideas for better lighting?

Attachments

• 1091.jpg
    1091.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 167

rockislandmike

SWEET !!! I've been salivating over those DL109's since I saw the ad some time ago !!!

PS - apparently the new "Diesel Era" magazine has an article about Rock Island GP38-2's. THought you might like to know.

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Andy, nice looking locos, the DL109 is one of my pet loco's from my N-scale days, had one.

As for lighting, your best bet would be Flourescent Daylight Tubes spaced at 18" intervals on your ceiling. Phillips TLD 58W's are the ones I use.

Shamus
wink.gif

BDC

Andy,

That's a real purty -109 you have. I've always liked the look of locos like that. And as for overhead lighting, doesn't your engine have a headlight? :p Besides, you can always tell everyone that R.I. Rocket is running just a little late, say about 9:30pm!

kf4jqd

Headlight

BDC

Yes it does have a head light. The loco is off at the station. I don't have DCC. I do wonder. What is that white spot under the head light? Any ideas? It doesn't say anything in the owners manual.

Andy

Woodie

Andy,

That DL-109 is a nice looking machine. It also looks very long. (from the pics).... Is it longer than the average loco??

kf4jqd

Length

Woodie:

The DL-109 is longer than the average locomotive. I don't have the demensions with me right now. It barely stays on my 18" raduis!:eek:

I should also mention to everyone. This locomotive is a limited run by Life Like (Proto 1000). There are other roads too.

Andy

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Nice pictures kf....
The one of the steam loco made me think of an O.Winston Link picture....nightime and high powered light. So with a little 'puter magic.
Hope you don't mind...........

Attachments

• frontri280steam.jpg
    frontri280steam.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 57