New loco photos

Ray Marinaccio

Greg,
I built an FP7 by following an article in April 1972 Model Railroader that showed how to splice 2 Athearn F7 shells to make an FP7. It used a Hobbytown drive though. I modified one of the older 8-wheel drive Bachmann drives.
The F9 shells would make a nice phase II FP7.

Ralph,
The numberboards on #1656 were drilled and filed out and fitted with pieces of clear styrene. Then Micro Scale number board decals were trimmed to size and applied. I also drilled out the classification marker lights and will install fiber optic markers.
On #1665 I trimmed and applied Champ numberboard decals.
I have been thinking of experimenting with the idea of placing a strip of clear cellophane tape over them to simulate the glass, then clear coat over it.
On #1734 I reshaped and lowered the Bachmann Number boards slightly and added the Champ decals.

NYC-BKO

Very nice, Ray, very nice! -:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bring on some more Central!!!!:eek:

People always look at me funny when I rip apart old electronic stuff and start cutting wires, unscrewing things and such.:confused: - I do it on the back porch.

2slim

Unfortunately it was destroyed by one of those Dewey crosswinds that blew it halfway across the yard.
Ray,
Your construction/destruction methods will have everyone thinking you've got a garage full of different dioramas!!!

2slim