New Layout Pictures

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
sign1 sign1 sign1 Thats what I have been thinking all along. I don't think I really have room for cars anyway on my layout. The trucks dominate over the cars are much more important to me. bounce7 bounce7

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Josh:wave:, your layout looks like its turning out GREAT!:thumb: :thumb: cant wait to see how the water comes out:thumb: . (your avitar is AWESOME!)stay on track man!:D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
UP SD40-2 said:
Josh:wave:, your layout looks like its turning out GREAT!:thumb: :thumb: cant wait to see how the water comes out:thumb: . (your avitar is AWESOME!)stay on track man!:D -Deano

Thanks Deano, I am looking formard to the water and doing the scenery around the creek.

Thanks for the comment on the new avitar, I try to change it every once in a while cause I have so many pics of big diesels and trucks.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Speaking of your avatar, did you take the picture yourself? That's a greay action shot, post in in larger form if you can. Thanks!

Here is my avitar and a few more pictures that I found on gooogle image:

Attachments

• cnw 1.jpg
    cnw 1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 173
  • CNW.jpg
    CNW.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 170
  • BNSF.jpg
    BNSF.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 171
  • BNSF 2.jpg
    BNSF 2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 169
  • BNSF 3.jpg
    BNSF 3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 167

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
A few more. These are all pictures I plan to use as my avitar. The last 1 is my favorite becasue it has UP and BNSF in one picture!!!

Attachments

• BNSF 6.jpg
    BNSF 6.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 167
  • CSX.jpg
    CSX.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Union Pacific.jpg
    Union Pacific.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Union Pacific 2.jpg
    Union Pacific 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 168
  • Union Pacific 3.jpg
    Union Pacific 3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 162

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
viperman said:
Among the many files lost in my computer....

Sorry to hear about your computer:cry: :cry: It can be frusterating when they delete all your files and think they have fixed the problem but they really havn't :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
But hey, your layout is looking awsome:thumb: :thumb: Great job:thumb::thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Nice Pics!

THANKS!, for posting the pics Josh:thumb::D . two of the pics you posted were taken at Rochelle Ill, i know the place well as i railfan there a couple times every summer;):D . the "RAILROAD PARK" there is an AWESOME place to take pics of UP and BNSF:thumb: . on one side of the park BNSF tracks run down it, and on the other side of the park, UP tracks run down it:thumb::D. though i have nothing against BNSF;) , i am sure you could guess what side of the park i NEVER...EVER, leave:thumb: :Dsign1 in one of the pics you posted, I thought it kinda "odd" to see a pair of UPY SD38-2's pulling an intermodal, after some thought i have come to the conclusion they are coming from Proviso yard in Chicago, heading for GLOBAL 3 in Rochelle;) . Global 3 is a HUGE intermodal yard in Rochelle. when Global 3 first opened, i got the chance to tour it:thumb: , sorry no pics of it, no cameras allowed, but i tell you what, it was SPECTACULAR!!!:thumb::D. the security there is UNREAL, and the size of it, and equipment there is TRULY PHENOMENAL!!!:thumb: it was a chance of a lifetime, and i am glad i went;) :D :D . THANKS for the pics! :D -Deano View attachment 29388

Attachments

• UP-Global-III-sign-small.JPG
    UP-Global-III-sign-small.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 388

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
WOW, COOL, AND THANKS DEANO.:thumb: :D

That intermodal yard sounds awsome. I wish I could go see it but there is no way because it's just too far away right now:cry: :cry: But maybe some time in the future :) :) :D

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
yeah i was watching the intermodal stuff at the Port of New Jersey. You should see these things. the cranes would just be picking these containers up and plopping them down in seconds, liek they wer nothing.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Iv'e watched the intermodal stuff here to in the Port Of Long Beach. The Trains and stuff come in empty and then before you no it, they are laeving with a full load from the massive container ships. I also see countless trucks leaving and enterting the port. I have to say that it is really cool.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Josh, the chances of getting into Global 3 again would be next to NONE:( . i happened on the chance of a lifetime by sheer "dumb luck"tooth1 . UP bought a LARGE chunk of land in Rochelle to build Global 3. after the project was finished, they had "limited" bus tours for the folk of Rochelle so they could show the people what was going on in their town. i happened to be rail fanning at the Rochelle railroad park 2 weeks before the one day tours was to take place, it was at the railroad park i got the tickets to the tour:thumb: :D . right place + right time = CHANCE OF A LIFETIME!!!:thumb: :D luck was purely on my side.;) tooth1 -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here are some new pictures.

I had some old Bachman stuff that I just felt wasn't worth putting new trucks, wheels, and couplers on so I made an office out a boxcar and a storage tank out of a single dome tank car. The boxcar was a 50' Union Pacific w/the Red/White scheme (Man Deano is going to be mad at me for doing that):eek:ops: sign1 . The tank car was an orange Shell car and the paint on both of these has shown through a little during the wheathering process. I still have to cut out a door in the boxcar for an open door.

Attachments

• Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 329

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here is a picture of some cardboard cutouts that I made to fit in some of my hoppers. Then I fill the top with ballast instead of filling the HOLE thing, + it's a lot cheaper than buying loads for all them.

Attachments

• Cardboard Cutouts.jpg
    Cardboard Cutouts.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 327

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here are a couple of pics where the road will keep going down my layout. The blue lines that curve off the roadbed (black) are switches and one will go to the blast furnace area and one to the magic pan complex. The straight line is the road edge. I have layed out how the construction will be on the road. I cut a hole in the foam for the CASE excavator to dig in. I put barriers and cones and a dumptruck for the excavator to fill. Since I could not fit the dumptruck next to the excavator, I had to put it behind and the excavator just makes a 180 degree swing and dumps it's bucket. Just watch out for the driver of the excavator as he is new and has already smacked a car when swiging the bucket aroundsign1 sign1 . This area will have lots of pipes around to make it seem they are puting a new sewer in.

Attachments

• New Road.jpg
    New Road.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 322
  • New Road 2.jpg
    New Road 2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 323